Sign in to follow this  

To die for Scenery

Nope it's a look back at Flight Unlimited III......Hehe sorry just being nostalgic. :-)Are those shadows real (As in they change depending on the position of the sun) or just simply a part of the image like they were back in the old days? Or it is something in between as I would suspect?Looks fantastic regardless.-Leon Medado

That is pretty stunning !! Just wish that the default was 1/2 as good.....

Absolutly stunning scenery!! To put it lightly.Would you consider uploading the compressed version of the scenery to avsim? I think the AVSIM administration would be honored to put it available for downloading. DSL users will have no problems. However, us 56k dialup users will have to use Godzilla to download, however it will easily be worthwhile.Thanks,CB

The scenery looks stunning but all this from a decent altitude. I believe as you get lower it will look much more blurry than default scenery. Performance may also be seriously affected. So, as always in life, some trade-offs to think about.Michael J.

Hi Michael,no, as you get lower the scenery won't look more blurry than default scenery (why would it happen?). Performance is NOT affected AT all: with my configuration (which is not a Cray computer) I do not go below 25-0 fps! So, I don't see any trade-off, at least in THIS life!Cheers, Stefano.

Stefano,What is the resolution of this scenery ? Is it anywhere near 5 meter ? I believe this is what FS2002's default scenery is. So if your scenery is 10 or 15 meter for example it will definitely look more blurry once you get low enough.Michael J.

I wasn't bagging his work I was simply making an observation.Go buy FS2K2 - you won't be disappointed.

Chumley,I know you arn`t bagging his work :) , and if it was`nt for this thread, I probably would`nt be buying FS2002 - so thanks! (I`m off to get it this weekend).Kind RegardsAndy

Michael,as explained at the home page of my scenery, the whole territory is at LOD13, i.e. 4.8 m/pixel.Cheers, Stefano.

Oh, that's pretty good. I didn't expect that !Michael J.

..I would do a naked handstand down my main street at midday for scenery like that..:-lolHow's that old saying go?..Careful what you wish for, you just may get it! :-lol:-waveMike CKPHX

Jeez!!That's bloody awesome, Stefano!I don't care how big a download this is (and I'm on dialup), if it takes a week to get. I'm in, talk to AVSIM about getting it up in the library.....As a texture artist myself I know how much of an achievement this wonderful work of yours is, I want it:)Lol Andy!, haven't you got FS2002 yet? as for handstands, etc.....;)RegardsDave

Hi Dave! :-wave ,I`ll have to send you an e-mail soon, hope everything is going well for your other project :) (and the shirts not too tight :-lol ).Han`s sort of talked me into finally purchasing FS2002, and when I saw this scenery - it was the straw that broke the cammels back, FS2002 looks quite amazing.Trainz is arriving in a few months over here, soon....I will be experiencing your wonderful talent from inside a train cab.I`ll be talking with you soon.Take Care.Andy