Sign in to follow this  
saabpilot

Autogen Telegraph Poles Exclude ?

Hi all,Maybe answered before, but I have run into a severe problem - cannot get rid of some autogen telegraph poles that stand in the final approach.I already tried with all excludes available in ExecBuilder and also in Ground2K4 but the poles are still showing.Anyone have a clue what layer to exclude or how else you can get them chopped down.Bjorn

Hello Bjorn,Streams and power line corridors are layer 4.Did you draw new roads that caused them to appear, by any chance, or were they present in the default scenery?Best regards.Luis

Hi LuisThanks for the layerinfo.I made a new exclude for Layer 4 but this did not help.The pole (actually it was a street light) is only present when my Ground2K4 scenery is active but the strange thing is that there is no road close!Only a VTP2 poly for the airfield skirting with texture 128 - Grass. Could the VTP2 poly have generated streetlights???In the Ground2K scenery there is a road 800 meters from the light pole.Bjorn

Hello Bjorn,Street lights appear along roads, and will not be excluded on layer 4 - this is for power lines and streams only.The random street lights that show up far away from your road are due to an error in the way that the roads are coded. Microsoft has not given us very detailed information on all aspects of these scenery elements, and Ground2K4 may not create good code.You could try getting the most recent version of Ground2K4, as Christian Fumey was working extensively on this matter.Or, you could select the option for pointed ends on the Properties window for your road - sometimes, this solves the problem.Also, Edgar Knobloch has provided a utility (in the AvSim library) that fixes this problem.Best regards.Luis

Many thanks Luis,I will try all suggested methods a.s.a.p. - also have d/l the latest G2K4 now.The lightpole is really annoying sitting on short final :-)I will also try and move the closest road a bit - might help.Best,Bjorn

Guest JoeW

If you created a road some where else along the same line in Ground2k4, try drawing the road in the opposite direction. Example.... If you drew the road north to south... try drawing it south to north.I ran into this on one of my scenerys and that 'cured' it in mine.Joe W.