Sign in to follow this  
Guest shep9999

SceneGenx trouble

Guest shep9999

I just had a look at v29 of scenegenx and thought i'd follow the tutorial..I have bglxml and bglanalyze so found the files required to disassemble .. neither prog will put them into xml like in the tutorial for sgx29... it either says old file type or not an afd file.... i must be missing something in their respective help files or sgx...anyone help please ??running fs9 on winMe..thanksgazps... used bglxml 1.50 to get all the stuff from vehicles, generic etc in fs9 ... no problem with them.;(

There are two versions of bglanalyze, bglana31.zip and newbglanalyze_143281.zip. The former is for FS2002 and earlier scenery files, the latter for FS2004 scenery files and will decompile to the XML schema.W. Sieffert

Guest shep9999

thanks ... will download from avsim newbglanalyze_143281.zip .. the version i got has 1.0.0.1 ...standby for reports....!!!

Guest shep9999

hi again..ran the new one... error msg box.. this programm cannot disassemble BGL files of the old type ... oh dear???? it's fs9 for things sake!!HELP!

Could you maybe tell us which files you were trying to decompile with BGLXML/New BGLAnalyzer? Then we might be able to give you some ideas.Are you sure you are trying to decompile correct Fs2004 style AFD files?As SceneGenX is still work in progress, it could very well be that the help file is not always up to date with the current build.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest shep9999

Hi Arno,yes, it's the AP918190.BGL and associated files in the sgx tutorialNothing special , like AddonScenery etc,, just the basic tutorial files AP918190.BGL, NV9NAMC0.BGL AND OB9NAMC6.BGL.I get a similar msg with bglxml (not recognizing a non afd file)thanksgaz

That is strange.Maybe a stupid question, but are you sure you are not decompiling Fs2002 files? That is the only reason I can think of at the moment that would give you such an error. SceneGenX is for Fs2004 only.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest shep9999

:7 No arno, definitely fs9... checked the paths and all..version is ... bglanalyze .. V 1.0.0.1 (2004)thanksgaz

I am afraid I have ran out of ideas for now then. I am not at home at the moment, but when I get home this evening I will try to decompile the same files and see what happens.

Arno

Guest shep9999

thanks Arno.. sorry to be a pain... I can normally sort these sort of things out (as to why things are bringing errors up).. however this , using 2 different progs is getting frustrating...thanks for your help.. I'll battle on and see what happens.. now, where is the hammer!!!cheersgaz:-samurai

Guest shep9999

Arno,just one other thing .. this is error msg with bglxml 1.50(for the same file in fs9)"BglXml Version 1.5/WIN32-©2003-2004 Alessandro G.AntoniniInput file: not a valid FS2004 facility data BGL!"

Here it works with both compilers, without any trouble. But I still have no idea what could have gone wrong in your case.

Arno

Guest shep9999

thanks arno,what i will do is switch off everything running , cept for bglxml , and try doing it again. It could be avg anitvirus or something...will let you know. ThanksGaz

Guest shep9999

Hi Arno,Did what I said in above post.. no difference ... However...I read thru the bglxml docs and found this "BGLXML outputs a "this is not a valid fs2004 facility data bgl" and then stops: what does it mean? It means that not all BGL installed under FS2004 uses the new FS2004 format. Instead there are a lot of files using previous FS releases format. It is simply not possible to convert these files to XML (please do believe me!) - see below for a table of all BGL file prefixes dealt by BGLXML. "so I tried some other files.. many don't decompile but bglxml and newbglanalyze work fine on the Generic.bgl, Object bgls and Vehicles.bgl.Looks like I'll have to go thru the lot!!regardsGaz

But it is still strange, as the AP*.bgl files are certainly XML AFD files, so they should work without trouble, just like they do at my PC.It is logic that the mesh files or libraries in the old format can not be converted to XML files, as BGLComp and the XML format can not create these files.

Arno