Sign in to follow this  
Guest shep9999

SceneGenx trouble

Guest shep9999

Thanks Arno..Don't know what can be up with this. All the AP* files in fs9 are unaltered from original installation.I did use the v1.0.0.2 of bglanalyze (for fs2002 I believe)and itdecompiled ap918190.xml to a sca file, which doesn't help when using sgx.these progs are decompiling some stuff in my addon scenery folder, especially those af2 files by PAI.. doesn't seem a problem there.Is there anything I should be looking for in the standard AP* files?btw, why don't you work for MS flight sim team ??:-lol

Guest shep9999

Arno,just one other thing,I used fsreg (library bit) to look thru my scenery dir.Here's what it says....C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9SceneryNamcSceneryAB918190.bgl This is a Visual/Default data file New file format (fs-7, fs-8) Lat bounds : 33* 45.0004 to 36* 33.7501 Lon bounds : -113* 30.0 to -109* 15.0 UNCOMPRESSED file (FL_Spare2=0) no object data no library data >> TERRAIN data at offset A8 no msa data no VOR data no ADF data no facility data no dynamic data no Ecxeption data no misc data no mag.var.data no afd dataI just used this to see if there was something funny about the headers etc.. As u are the expert , this appears a normal thing to me (found some that refered to Old fs format (fs6 & fs5)..Just a thoughtcheersgaz

You should not be able to decompile the AP files to a SCA file anymore, as it is not possible to describe the new format in SCASM code. So that would indicate that the files you are using are not the default Fs2004 files.I will have a look this evening to see what the old BGLAnalyzer does with these files on my PC.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest shep9999

Many thanks friend.. meanwhile I shall plod away TRYING to make something come of this!!!thanks v.m.Gaz

Look again at the file you are trying to decompile - AB918190.bgl - that says "AB" NOT "AP".The "AB" files are terrain files and are FS2002 style. You can use bglana31.zip or LWMViewer to view and export the code.One has to be careful about the prefix letters of the files. Terrain files are FS2002 SCASM/BGLC style and the remaining files are FS2004 XML styleW. Sieffert

Guest shep9999

Hello u 2 experts!i... er.... that is .... um .... Blooming AP and AB !!!!I really need new glasses:-hang Sorry about that , once u get into something you can't see the wood for the trees...as Mr Sieffert says, I picked AB instead of AP. Many thanks for your timecheersgaz