Sign in to follow this  
Guest victorwest

Leopard Skin Desert Textures??

Is there a replacement texture somewhere for the desert sage leopard skin texture provided by Microsoft. Or, is there a way to add more sage brush to give it some "life". This is a locked texture so Autogen Annotator cannot change it - do not understand that philosophy......Dick Boley @KLBEhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/94268.jpg

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

It's in the Scenery Library. Search for Marcel Aerni. I think the file is 15-16 Mb.Wil

Found it. It does help but Grand Canyon cannot be helped since it looks like slime falling down the walls of the canyon. Probably need a better landclass selection there.Dick Boley @KLBE

regards,

>Found it. It does help but Grand Canyon cannot be helped>since it looks like slime falling down the walls of the>canyon. Probably need a better landclass selection there.>Dick Boley @KLBEAre you using any add on land class?

I am using the FSGenesis USA Landclass.Dick Boley @KLBE

regards,

Guest victorwest

I think there was some sort of discussion on the FSGenesis forum about "slime" in the Grand Canyon. I can't remember exactly what it was about. I think I might look at lunchtime (I'm at work at the moment).Victor

There is probably no magic pill. It is just one of the minor limitations of the product. It returns to the need for Microsoft to dramatically increase the resolution of the ground textures. All of the higher resolution objects setting on top of a visual ooze is a shame. Probably 1/2 of their customer base has a computer with sufficient power to support a 1meter resolution of ground textures. A simple switch in the software would allow the PC challenged to opt for the 4.8m/pixel rendition. Photoreal, with its large file sizes, could now be visually viable.Dick Boley @KLBE

regards,

Guest victorwest

I found the thread on FSgenesis.......and it was started by me!My problem was eventually tracked down to MyWorld landclass. With FSGeneis the textures looked correct. Victor