Sign in to follow this  

Ground2K4 not compiling

Howdy,Has anyone had problems with Ground2K4 not compiling? I spent a few hours this afternoon drawing a river, islands and some snowfields compiling after each addition but ending up with nothing. Grrrrr!Might Ground2K4 be overloaded? I have several topo maps loaded and some older stuff also.Wil

Hi Wil,if you don't get an error message you can be pretty certain that the compilation was successful. Also, Ground2K4 produces an Ground2K4.log file in the G2K4 root directory at each compilation, which you can look at with a text editor to double-check. Perhaps you made a mistake in the setup and the files end up in a different place? Check the file directories and names in Parameters > File Parameters. If that doesn't help do a search of your system for the expected file name; I'm sure they are somewhere.Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,I haven't received any error messages and everything is in the right place. I redrew the river segment and some lakes again and have back in the scenery. I did lose a bunch of other lakes and some snowfields. The only thing I can come up with is that I must have failed to click the YES button when closing out and being asked if I wanted to save the LWM file.My map is pretty large and I did get the error that the map couldn't be redrawn and had to close the program without the YES button. However, I still have the river and lakes in the scenery. Whew!As you know, if I can do it wrong, I will do it wrong, the Husted version of Murphy's Law.Thanks for the suggestions. I learn a bit more every time you bail me out.We're off to Lincoln, Nebraska in the morning for a week's visit with one of the boys and his family. Maybe the layoff from this scenery stuff will do me some good.Wil