Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

what am I missing here? new on afcad

AFCAD1.4 only provides a tower location, it does not provide a viewable tower. You would have to use other scenery design tools to place a physical tower into your scenery.Airport for Windows - http://www.airportforwindows.com/Flight Simulator Scenery Creator - http://www.fssc.avsim.net/Are you sure you entered the NAV aids at the correct end of the runways? Try the opposite frequency to see if you have them switched.W. Sieffert

Guest kb2ytf@kb2ytf.com

Thanks for the reply Downloaded FSSC and poisoned a tower added weather frequencies and saved it to fs2000 scenery folder FS did not see the changes in the radio and I have to read to make a viewable tower. In AFW I can place a viewable tower put am not sure as how to save it or assign the radio frequencies. As far as radio comm

First, when you add to the scenery folders, except for the provided Addon SceneryScenery and Texture folders, you need to add the new scenery to the Scenery Library listing. This is accomplished by pressing the Settings button on the Flight Simulator's Main Menu, then pressing Scenery Library on the Settings Menu. You use the Add Scenery button to start the adding process. This may be the reason your work didn't show up when you used FSSC. Exactly where in the flight simulator did you place, or FSSC place, your newly made *.bgl file? Check the FSSC preferences, locations tab to ensure the files are being sent to FS2002.Second, make sure you set FS2002 as the flight simulator you are designing for under FSSC preferences. It makes a difference, since the SCASM compiler compiles differently for the various versions of MSFS.All the radio frequencies, navaids, etc. are kept in an xxxx_AFD.bgl file. An AFD file can be made with either FSSC or AFW. AFCAD140 actually updates the default AFD file when you make changes. It first copies the default AFD file, renames the default AFD file from xxx.bgl to xxx.ORIGINAL, then saves the updated file as xxx.bgl. This way you can return to the default file by deleting the updated file and renaming xxx.ORIGINAL to xxx.bgl.Since you have tried using FSSC or AFW to make the frequencies, you may have various files now located in your scenery folders that are causing the loss of the frequencies. I would search both your scenery and scenedb folders for files placed by FSSC and AFW and remove them temporarily to see if the frequencies return.You need to make a choice on how you intent to proceed. If all you want to do is add the visible tower, another solution is to use ObPlacer from http://www.scenerydesign.org/ , tools forum.I would clean up the scenery folders to ensure the default files are in place. Next start AFCAD140 and ensure your changes are still in the file, save the file, ensure the file has been saved to the scenedbAFDFILESScenery folder as usneaf03.bgl and usneaf03.ORIGINAL. I would then test for the ILS and radio frequencies.Originally, KSSN only has Unicom, Departure, Approach. You need to add a Tower and any other freqs you want. Next insert the NAVAIDS and remember each function has to be set separately, i.e., Localizer, Glide Path, DME. Place the tower location (Note: this is not the viewable tower, just the location when you press Tower View in the simulator). Save your file and test the changes.Use one of the other tools, FSSC, AFW, ObPlacer to place a viewable tower at the same LAT/LON you set in the AFCAD file.W. Sieffert