Sign in to follow this  
KevinAu

have you seen the awesome ATR-42 from F. S

Have not had much time to fly it since my computer locks up (thanks xp) it is an incredible looking aircraft...the virtual cockpit is equal to anything microsoft put out in it's original release...check it out, it is a beauty!:(

Hi, I don't think XP is the problem.Have you gotton all of the updates?Possible driver problem.You might want to check (or have checked) BIOS SETTINGS.Possible mismatch with some somponents?Possible memory (hardware) problem?Might need do a reformat and reload?Is your Power supply powerful enough for your system?Maybe scandisk?I hope I am not insulting your knowledge or puter expertise.YOu probably know much more about puters than I do.If any of this helps, hooray.If not, I at least get an E for effort.Have a great day.jimbo747

Completely agree about this ATR, it's absolutely stonking. Has no-one else tried it?Give it a go if you haven't! :-)

Hiya,Is this Gmax do you know?It looks real good :)Anniette xxxxxxxxx

Guest Grunt

It sounds great! Where can i find it ?(I already tried a search for ATR-42 and the author's name at AVSIM)Could someone give me a file name please?

I got it last night.I love the 2d panel but i do think just the VC forward bitmap needs some clean up work.It's a bit discolored with little blue dots in it as if it's not that high of a resolutions.I understand this to save FPS but iam wonder if that's why it looks like that or not .Just curious not complaining.I have wanted a nice ATR for along time Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

Guest AndrewMal

The plane is pretty nice. I would like to see some texture reflections, higher res textures, and the alignment of the textures is somewhat off on the back. Openning doors would be nice too. There's a GMax ATR with these things on AVSIM right now but it doesn't have that good ATR shape like this one does.

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Very good plane indeed... Nice visuals and very good cockpit.If only it flew right... :-(I took it for a test flight yesterday but the flight model dissapointed me.Pitty, because it's a very nice looking a/c and pretty panel...George DorkofikisAthens, Hellas

"Openning doors would be nice too"Mine has opening doors ! :)

Thanks for your kind words.There is a mistake in the aircraft.cfg file which makes it impossible to manually tune radios by mouse-clicks. I uploaded a fix for this yesterday, but it didn't appear yet in the library. Here is a quick fix:Open the file aircraft.cfg with notepad and scroll down to the [radios] section. You will find the following text:[Radios]// Radio Type=availiable, standby frequency, has glide slopeAudio.1=1Com.1=1, 1Com.2=1, 1Nav.1=1, 1, 1Nav.2=1, 1, 0Adf.1=1Transponder.1=1Marker.1=1Modify it to read as follows:[Radios]// Radio Type=availiable, standby frequency, has glide slopeAudio.1=1Com.1=1, 0Com.2=1, 0Nav.1=1, 0, 1Nav.2=1, 0, 0Adf.1=1Transponder.1=1Marker.1=1The values to modify are in the Com and Nav lines.This should fix it. My apologies for the mistake. I didn't catch it as I am always let FS2002 ATC do the automatic COM frequency change, and also use FSNAV to tune the NAV frequencies by drag-and drop from the map, but never tune the radios by clicking. As the radios are the default King Air ones, I didn't expect anything like this to happen.Happy flying,Francisco S

George, I'd very much appreciate if you could provide me with data to improve the flight model, as I'm no pilot myself. What is wrong, exactly?F. S