Sign in to follow this  
KevinAu

have you seen the awesome ATR-42 from F. S

Hi,I will consider adding some more reflections for future repaints; I suspect that my video card is somehow not rendering correclty colours or images in FS, as I see in my PC too much reflections (it does have reflections) and I modified the alpha channels before uploading to make them not so aparent. I also din't notice about the blue dots mentioned here in the VC panel bmp, so I serisly start to think I should replace my viedo card.Regarding the texture alignment on the back... one more I didn't notice. Last week, when doing the final things such as landing lights, etc, I discovered that the makemdl module supplied by MS with wouldn't put landing and taxi lights in VC. So I decided to upgrade to the last makemdl version they released. That almost trashed the whole project; they introduced a major BUG which made unusable any project made in inches (as their tutorials are). My project was in inches, and there was no easy way to change it to meters. About 50% of the parts completely lost texture alignment. Now I notice that the tail section also lost alignment, but much less than the others, that's why I missed that one. I'll make a fix for this.I also didn't dare to make higher res textures because of the scenery blurriness which tends to appear when too many resources are used.Thanks for the feedback,Paco (F. S

>George, I'd very much appreciate if you could provide me with data to improve the flight model, as I'm no pilot myself. What is wrong, exactly?F. S

Guest lawyerpilot

I am not in a position to look for it now, but a gentleman made a ATR nd included both a Alitalia and American Eagle livery with it. The nw ATR in GMAX is simply way too "trim sensitive". I'm sure if you type in ATR in a search that you will find the one I am talking about here or at Flightsim. I believe that I am using the airfile that came with that package instead. My hesitation comes b/c I switch airfiles so much, I could have swapped that original airfile out and forgotten about it. Anyway, check it out, it is smooth. Makes it an entirely new bird. And make sure to rename the "sim" line in the .cfg, or rename the airfile to match the one that he has in there now. (for all of the newbies) or the sim won't recognize the new one.Ciao.

here is what i ment by the VC bitmap being spoted with blue which i guess is actually more purple although this screenshot does not really show it due to the jpeg compressionI do have VC quality maxed.Also the 29.20 drivers.The drivers are not the problem because I have no other problems with any other panel.This is a wonderful addition to FS.I hope you continue work on it.My last suggest would be to the add ACP-GPS above the throttle quadurant and to the 2d panel itself the same way just as you would see in the 42 series.The 72 series has a more modern GPS.Iam not claiming to know alot about the ATR because I have never actually been in one but my suggestion comes from photo's i have seen of the 42 :) Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

Hi Paco :)BIG Question !!!!!!!!Can I paint it ??????????? hmmmmmmm :)Anniette xxxxxxxxxx

Guest Dominik Mann

Mike,if you posted a link it did not display for me...don't know why :-( . Could you please post it again?Thanks! :D

I had that problem long time ago. It was due to a program running in the background called "Ad-Substract". or any program that blocks ads or pop-ups.IF youcannot get the link then you can search for download ID: 15442 in the advanced search in the library.Take careMike

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

I can try and make the changes...Can you contact me via Email ?oal132@hol.grGeorge DorkofikisAthens, Hellas

Guest Dominik Mann

If you should get permission, will you also do an Air Dolomiti version? :-) Provided that they actually have ATRs with four-blade props...

Sure will ;)Anniette xxxxxxxxxx

I'm planning to release other versions of the ATR with six blades too, as the 42-500 and the 72 series. But first I'll take some time to refine this one.Paco (F. S

Guest Dominik Mann

Great news, Paco! :D Will be nice to have some good short-haul hoppers for a change.Cheers!

Maybe this will help shave some time off your efforts at refining the airfile.The VCA ATR found in file js-atr425v10.zip has a pretty decent ATR airfile already. Combining your panel with that airfile makes a very flyable ATR. The only other fix required besides the usual merging steps is to change the propeller section to make the engine gauge readings sensible.Try making gear_reduction_ratio=24.900 and min_gov_rpm=750.000This should allow Np to hold 100% and allow the power management to provide torque settings close to those from Matt Zagoren's charts.Your panel and gauges are very nice work. I am already finding the autopilot gauge quite useful in other aircraft in my hangar.