Sign in to follow this  
Guest luissa

New LWMViewer beta

Guest jimkeir

Hi all,I've just posted a new version of LWMViewer on my website [a href=http://www.jimkeir.co.uk/FlightSim/LWMViewer.html]here[/a].Feel free to try it out and let me know how you get on. The main differences are on the webpage, but in brief it adds landclass editing and a collection of small bugfixes and usability improvements. No object placement yet, sorry!To use the landclass editor, make sure you've loaded some mesh and then either click 'Create' on the dialog or select the 'Edit Landclass' item from the popup menu. An entire LOD5 area is created, preset to 254. Just pick your class or type in the class number and click/drag to set values.While you're editing, you obviously can't click to reposition the display. You can either use the keypad to move around, or click and drag with the middle-mouse button. This also works in non-editing mode. To leave editing mode, close the editing dialog.There are several things I want to improve on before this version gets 'officially' released, but for now the basic functionality is there. I still need to:- Improve loading so that you can enter the coordinates, or have them read from an .inf file. This will let you load data created by other programs. Right now the location is based on the filename.- Check the behaviour when editing more than one area!- Show merged landclass over more than one file, where the value 254 is present. This will make it *much* more useful.Anyway, give it a go and let me know how you get on. Have fun :)Cheers,Jim Keir

What program do you recommend for compiling to BGL from the INF & RAW?The Landclass Editing window is not wide enough to show the entire LC description. Thus it is not possible to see if some items are "wet" or "dry".Request - I often accumulate a large number of BGLs in the files list from varous areas such as World Scenery, Base FSGenesis landclass, some shapefile roads, etc... Could you offer to save the file set in a named file to avoid going through the process of getting all the BGLs each time you want to "do and area".Dick Boley @KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest jimkeir

Hi.> What program do you recommend for compiling to BGL from the INF & RAW?I prefer the older versions of resample, but any of them should do.> The Landclass Editing window is not wide enoughOK, I'll see what I can do :) I'll look at rearranging the window a little.> Could you offer to save the file set in a named fileNow that's a good idea! A simple text file should be sufficient.Thanks for the feedback, all useful stuff.Cheers,Jim

Guest luissa

Hi Jim,I was looking to the bitmap sister TXT file that LWMViewer exports. I wonder if you could write in the file:Image file C:Temp.bmp written by LWMViewerFrom cell 394,80 to 395,81 (4 cells total)at a resolution of 1000 pixels per cell.Boundary: N61* 52.500000' E4* 41.250000' -> N61* 10.312500' E5* 37.500000' : 61.875000, 4.687500 -> 61.171875, 5.625000[GEOGRAPHIC]North=61.875South=61.171875West=4.687500 East=5.625000CellXDimensionDeg : 0.00046875 ; CellYDimensionDeg : 0.00035156I am implementing an "automatic" calibration if the boundaries are specified as shown. One problem is that the name of the sister file is, in my case, C:Temp_bmp.txt instead of yours C:Temp.txt .I can change to your way. What do you think?Regards, Luis

Guest jimkeir

Hi.Sure, I can add that. It's the same information in several different formats but in such a tiny file, who cares? Rather too much info than too little.I'd kind of like to keep the filename the same, though. It's been that way for a while and there may be things that expect it like that.On other things:- Fixed a problem with editing more than one LC area at a time- Implemented merged landclass displays!- Implemented filesets. These are plain text files saved with a .LFL extension.- Landclass blending may be a little faster than before.- LC dialog is wider :)Still outstanding:- The LC value display in the status bar still only shows values from a single file, not from the merged results.- Need to have better LC data loading, maybe import EZLC projects.- Add a 'pick' button to the LC dialog to get the painting value from the map- LC display on LOD5 or lower mesh isn't correctly aligned. This has been there for a while, but I now know what's doing it x( For anyone who isn't clear, this 1.4b version is *actively* under development for now. If you're not interested in seeing it with all its rough edges, stay with 1.3. If you want to test out the new features, go right ahead with 1.4!I think the merged LC displays are really helpful. You can load your project along with your own or default mesh and landclass and see *exactly* where the LC is missing around coastlines. Create an area, paint in the differences and you can very quickly create 'diff' landclass files containing only the bits you absolutely need to change.Now I can do the landclass for all those fiddly little islands in Maine :DCheers,Jim

Guest luissa

>Sure, I can add that. It's the same information in several>different formats but in such a tiny file, who cares? Rather>too much info than too little.Thanks. Please keep all the rest. SB will pick up just the borders if they appear in the middle of the file as shown ...>I'd kind of like to keep the filename the same, though. It's>been that way for a while and there may be things that expect>it like that.... OK, I will change my setting accordingly.Regards, Luis