Sign in to follow this  
Guest jzax

Problem with RWY12 in non-English FS-2004s

Guest jzax

I was testing the just uploaded RW12 Object Placer, and detected a problem for non-english FS users.I enclosed the email I sent to the authors:----------------------------------------------------------------Hello,Thanks a lot for your freeware RW12 Object Placer. I was looking forward to an utility like yours to make it easier to place library objects in FS2004.However, I have noticed a position problem with my Spanish FS2004 (running on a Spanish Windows XP-SP2)Let me explain, I just tried to place one of the new Fedex trucks following your instructions and getting the position with the "get FS poition" button once slewed in FS to the position I desire for the truck.This was the xml generated with no problem by your program****************************************************<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>****************************************************which compiled correctly, but when I restarted FS the truck was not there.By disassembling the generated bgl with Newbglanalyze I obtained:**************************************<?xml version="1.0"?>*************************************So you see where the problem lies. For some reason, "get FS position" in your program generates the lat/lon values with a "comma" (which is the Spanish decimal separator), and then bglcomp ignores the numbers after the comma, since it expects a dot (as in English). I slewed in FS to the position lat="N40 29.00000"l on="W003 35.00000", and indeed the truck was there!Just wanted to let you know. Otherwise, thanks a lot for an excellent utility, which apparently needs some additional tweaking for non-English users.Best RegardsJoaquin ZafraLEMD-Spain"jzax" in simming forums-------------------------------------------------------

Hi Joaquin,Seems like the same problem the GMax gamepack is suffering from. Your regional settings must be set to . for decimal sign (which is not common in parts of europe).I don't think it has anything to do with the language of FS or Windows, but with this setting. If you change it in your regional settings I think it will work.Of course it would be nice if the program was coded so that it works in both :).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest jzax

Thankyou Arno, I had the same problem with Excludebuilder for example. It only works for me if I manually change the commas for dots, or I modify the regional setting for decimals as you say!BRJoaquin