Sign in to follow this  
Guest rafael

any questions before starting a work with Scasm

Guest cathay

Hy guys,mega newby here!I disassembled a bgl(all the scenery is here inside) into a *.sca file,that contain more than 1000object (and many of these "object" contain various 3d object,each with coordinates and V1 V2).i'm going to modify V1 and V2,since this is the only opportunity to improve framerate (10fps with Cessna;no difference between 1500-2000-2500mhz,so probably a fill rate problem--> too much polygons).before starting this giant and long work,i try to recompile the file(not modified),obtaining an abort liek this:_______________________________________________________________error in line 67048 ->TexPoly< m -1235 32743 0 100 104 126 160 124 140 1 ->Buffer overflow ......too many errors (61)Scasm compilation status:aborted_____________________________________________________________________can u help me?Where i failed?Apart of this problem(i hope...solvable problem),i have any questions:-my idea is correct? that's,modifyng v1 and v2 is the only and the best way to my problem?Elsewhere,what is the best procedures in this case, considering the objective of my work?-v1 and v2 indicates...what? (meters,km,miles...?)-since many many objects are not important at all,can i delete pertinent"objects"section (so saving time)?Any help will be much much appreciate 2.gif

Guest luissa

> ->Buffer overflow Hi,Insert this line:Set( BUF 8192 )at the start of the SCA file!Regards, Luis

Guest cathay

Thanks Luis,i did what you say but i obtain "Too many jumps in area block". I inserted the command just at the top of the text,and before and then "Procedural scenery"line.Any suggest? http://www.spammers.it/clas/3.gif

Guest luissa

Hi,I do not know the cause of that error. I suggest you to contact the author (www.scasm.de).Regards, Luis

Guest cathay

i'll do it.thanks for your help.

Guest rafael

Hello,You can try to place these lines on top of the text macro:Set( BUF 1024 )Set( LINBUF 1024 )set( areamx 1024 )set( fsvers 0x800 ).........Your code starts hereIt should work afterRafael