Sign in to follow this  
Guest bones

Merging BGL files

Guest bones

Somewhere back in this forum was a thread advising against building large numbers of objects in one GMax file. I think the rationale behind this was the visibility issue as the objects extended well away from the 0, 0 datum.If the alternative is to create a BGL for individual objects (or say a group fairly close together) then the end result is a large number of BGL's for your scenery area.Is there any advantage in combining a number of these BGL's into one file by using SCLink or similar or would this defeat the original issue?My thought was to merge files like lighting poles from my current 30 plus into one BGL.boneshttp://fsaviation.nethttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Hi bones.In FS2004 and the new MakeMDL for Gmax, you need have only one object per MDL. These MDL files can be made into a library... or included directly into a placement BGL.The default objects for most FS9 scenery uses the BGLs of library objects, and places those with a large BGL, made from the XML code. That placement BGL can place thousands of library objects.In FS2002, the idea is similar. Collect the individual BGLs into a Library of objects. They can then be placed with another BGL ( that can place thousands of library objects ).-------------In either sim version, you want to export only one Gmax object at a time, with it's refpoint as 0,0,0The drill is quite similar:export all objects individually with their refpoints as 0,0,0collect the individual objects into a library BGLplace the objects with a placement BGL.This way, you get 2 BGLs for all the objects. As far as I know, both BGLs can be in the same "scenery" folder.Dick