Sign in to follow this  
Guest gorchi

Sound FX Question

Guest sapper42

Gday all.I am creating a sound FX for a scenery and have the desired sound however i cant work out how to create a custom Sound Type and Sound Param.The only one i can get to work isSound=5Sound Param=40 ( barnyard effect )( im looking for a large booming explosion )Could someone please point me in the right direction as to where this data is kept so i may add another Sound Param or atleast get a listing of the available Sound Params for FS9thks & rgds Jeff

Hi Jeff,have you seen this thread? http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchThis approach works for me. However, my problem was that the sounds don't become audible until the aircraft is very close (when using the ctrl option) or they are audible in a very large area (when attaching these types of sounds to AI objects, e.g., a splash sound to AI floatplanes). Also, I found that the sound effects somehow interfered with the display of (complex) visual effects at the same location.For static objects, your other option is LAGO's FSE. The trial version (which doesn't expire) allows for the placement of up to five objects or sounds in a location.Please let us know if you find out anything new!Cheers, Holger

Guest sapper42

Holger,I created an FX file and as per the SDK and previous posts on this and other forums.The results were as expected.The sound effect works at the alloted time and atthe alloted Max distance from the Effect.The actual Wav file had to have a dramatic increase in its volume level to be heard at 5NM from the effect and gave a low rumble whilst obviously , much louder when from 100 meters away.Distance does lessen the volume of the sound.As noted before in prevoius posts, the effect will only work once for that time set per Start of FS9, adjusting the time date after the 1st run will not produce the sound again.The table of Sound params and associated wav files, again as stated, will leave it wide open for issues between developers without a standard being set ( hard to police ).Lenght of sound file is dependant on WAV file size and duration . obvious issues here !What i think would be a nice addition with an expedited SDK for the future from Microsoft, would be the ability to add custom sounds via FX files by calling the WAV file instead of an FX file and to not have the restriction of the currentmethod, this would allso lessen the possibility of conflicting sound files as the change is Global.My FX in question is a loud explosion for an Oil Rig at sea that can be heard from 5nm away on its sister rig ( if your helo engines are shut down ). the FX file was a duplication of the Forest fire effect for the smoke and flames with the Sound component being the same code with the FX file substituted to suit.rgds Jeff

Guest gorchi

Hi,I have also tested the approach on the topic given by Holger. However, I had succes to play the barnstorm.wav numerous times but I was unable to set some xyz sound file that isn't listed in Flight Simulator. Has anybody got some custom sound file to work like in Emma field the sound of engines, wolfs etc? Do we really need to make a DLL which will play these effects?Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net