Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rick Tobin

GMAX - XML and MDL problem during export

Guest Rick Tobin

Could someone please tell me where I need to install MSXML4? Everywhere that I've looked including Microsofts site, seems to leave that one detail out (and, is it just the msxml4.dll that i need or is there more to it)?When I attempt to export an object (mainly buildings) from GMAX to the /.../addon scenery/scenery folder I get the .MDL file, but no .XML file. I've become pretty proficient at building design and having built several local landmark buildings, I'd like to finally see them in my FS. Thanks for any assistance, Rick Tobin

I just ran the installer op MSXML and I think that also puts it into windowssystem32.But I think you get an error during export when MSXML is not there, so maybe you have another problem when exporting. Are you sure you are exporting to scenery MDL and not to aircraft MDL?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Rick Tobin

Thanks guys for the info. I went looking through my system32 file and found all of the msxml files there. I tried something different this morning...The SDK tutorial (gmax scenery) says to export and save to:C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Addon ScenerySceneryI went back one step in the directory and saved to AddonScenery and now it's working fine. Thanks for all of the info and suggestions.Rick Tobin