Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimkeir

LWMViewer 1.4b Problem

This version used to work but now the control panel opens but the graphics screen does not. Stopping the program (X at top right) removes it from the screen but the exe remains and Task Manager is needed to kill it. The LWMViewer "stable version" works ok. I have re-downloaded and reloaded 1.4b as well as the two macros. No help??Dick Boley @KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest jimkeir

Hi.I've not seen that problem before. I guess it's something to do with the stored settings for window position. If so, the easiest way to fix it would be to right-click on the LWMVIewer button on the Windows taskbar (bottom of the screen) and select 'Maximize'. If it re-appears, close LWMViewer (to store these settings) and reload it.If that doesn't work, let me know. If the main window isn't open, the program will quit so it's almost certainly open, but not visible. The next alternative is to remove the registry key that stores the last position.HTH,Jim

Hello Jim,Thank you for LWMviewer.As says Nudata, I noticed the same problem with version 1.4b (on win98 SE) : when the program is opened, it disappears and minimizes automatically into the windows taskbar (version 1.3a opens normally) ?I tried without success your suggestion. This is just for info, it doesn't matter for me to maximize the window manually by clicking on the LWMviewer icon (windows taskbar).Thanks again and best regards, pascalhttp://perso.wanadoo.fr/p.dumat

Guest jimkeir

Hi, Pascal.OK, thanks for the info. Obviously it's not happening for me on WinXP - I'd have noticed :) I have a Win98 setup in an emulator, I'll try on that. There's only two places in the code that could affect it, so it shouldn't be too hard to track down :)BTW, I'd appreciate it if somebody with an ATI video card (or anything non-NVidia) could do a little testing for me. Basically just "does it do anything at all" stuff, about ten seconds' worth.Cheers,Jim

Ok - that fixed it for me - did a maximize and the graphic screen appeared. Exited the program, restarted and ok. Able to resize ok...I wonder if the registry key was missing. I use a registry cleaner which may have not been able to locate the program related to the key and removed it. If so perhaps a default is needed. Personally I dislike the registry since it seems to become a garbage pit! Thanks,Dick Boley @KLBEXP-SP2

regards,

Guest jimkeir

Hi.OK, good to hear you're back in business.> Personally I dislike the registry since it seems to become a> garbage pitYes, I know. However, that's the Windows way so it makes sense to use it.If the key's not found, it should use the window's default size (default for 1.3, that is) so it looks like the key was there but contained odd data. Maybe it was closed minimised? I think I can check for strange values and reset it if necessary.Just a thought - do you use it with multi-monitor? I do and I've lost the window more than once because my second monitor - actually my TV - is switched off!Cheers,Jim

Hi Jim,>BTW, I'd appreciate it if somebody with an ATI video card (or>anything non-NVidia) could do a little testing for me.>Basically just "does it do anything at all" stuff, about ten>seconds' worth.I have a ATI card (9500 Pro) and which the last beta version I checked LWMViewer worked fine. Or are there any special features that you would like to have tested as well? Last time I just loaded some BGL files.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest jimkeir

Hi.> I have a ATI card (9500 Pro) and which the last beta version I> checked LWMViewer worked fine.Ah, yes, but the *next* version will be different :-hah If I can get some of the more obvious problems fixed tonight I'll post another general beta tomorrow. If not, can I email or PM you a copy to try privately? I don't want to post code with known, significant problems.FI, I've got landclass *and* waterclass display and editing including merged class files; that is, a value of 254 will act as transparent and the next *class file down will be used. Bitmap export has been improved, more info is available in the info window, it now recognises filesets natively (so you can just drop one on the main window like you can with folders and BGLs). One or two other things, too. I have one glaring problem to fix, and then I need to see if it runs on anything other than my development machine :)Thanks,Jim

Only single monitor - NVidia MX400 64mb.One other problem. When moving the cursor over a landclass square (1.4b) it may not show any change in the status bar even though the color is different. Also, to get a proper landclass value read-out you have to be within the center (non-blended) area. Seems to only occur at less than the max zoom for landclass.Dick Boley @KLBE

regards,

Guest jimkeir

Hi.The whole display system has been re-written, so hopefully that should have gone with it. I suspect it was the long-standing problem of displaying landclass data on top of LOD5 mesh data; it wasn't correctly aligned. Landclass is now displayed entirely independantly of the terrain it's on although you do still need terrain to be there.I'm still having trouble getting the maths right for certain things but as soon as I sort that I'll put up a new version.Cheers,Jim