Sign in to follow this  
Guest shep9999

Attatch tool

Your platform indeed consists of a lot of polygons. I don't know if this has an influence, but try to reduce the plane you made to only 1 segment (by default GMax makes it consisting of 5x5 segments or so).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest shep9999

thanks arno,have tried both your suggestion (1x1) and stevo's above..still falling thru the box.. gazsteveo btw, looked at your website... too many popups and things trying to install on my pc.. sorry mate.

I placed the MDL object posted above.http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/pics/platform.jpgAs you can see it works fine. So I guess something else must be causing the problems. Could it be that an exlcude or something like that is causing this (sometimes excludes remove attached effects for example). But this is just a guess.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Also if you would like to look at my website try this address, I dont get any popups with this site.Didnt realise there was so many on the other site. I use a popup blocker.www.fs9world.netfirms.com

Guest shep9999

cheers steveo... that site better..arno, I do have an exclude where i'm putting that model.. i'll nowput it somewhere else and see if it works.. nice bit of designing eh:P thanks both of yagaz

Guest shep9999

Arno,I moved the mdl and put it at another airport. no difference.put gmax back to normal (no mdlcommander) and exported 2 different boxes after running the attach script. compiles ok so put the bglinto addon scenery.. still falling thru.I have noticed that when I drag the mdl and xml file over bglcomp.exe2 instances start up whilst it compiles. don't know what causes that. It should be just a matter of making the plane 'hard' with the tool i'm on the verge of giving up!!!cheersgaz

Guest shep9999

just to make sure these are okay i've put a mdl and xml in this zipcould you compile and try it just to see if its my compiler that is not working 100%.. position is Sumburgh Airport UK helipad areathanksgaz

Steve, I used the link, and checked out your site. I especially like your Dodge Caravan (I think...perhaps plymouth voyager?).The texturing is extremely well done.Bob Bernstein

Hi BobGlad you like it, if you mean the Car on the Objects page next to the TNT truck? its a Vauxhall Zafira in England or Opel Zafira in the rest of europe, its going to be in my Objects.bgl when its ready.are'nt you the guy I sent the KMEM update to, you know the pyramid, if so how was it.Steve

>i'll try it for ya.I tried it and sure enough my heli fell through, can you attach the Gmax file and i'll take a look.

funny, I saw that and wondered if anyone would think that was me...There is another Bob Bernstein, if you can beleive that. I wrote to him once, because I was getting mail meant for him. He also released some scenery, and its probably the same guy cuz his release had to do with KMEM...now that I think about it.