Sign in to follow this  
Guest UPS600

Photo real ground textures - Question

Guest UPS600

I am working on Oakland (KOAK) and have assembled a nice arial for the airport from Terraserver images.A while ago, I sucessfully placed these very well using FS Architect. I was wondering if anyone would recommend another program to do this. I wish only to place the photos, and then work the airport with other programs such as Airport and Novasim.Any help would be appreciated.CHEERS :D

What resolution do your photos have? If they are around 4.8 meter per pixel you can place them using mesh scenery (with SBuilder, PhotoSceneryMaker, etc).If they have a higher resolution you can not place them with the mesh scenery, you need to place them with ground polygons in that case. I don't think maybe programs have an option like Architect to place them, but if you have the images you could make a grid for them in NovaSim for example.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest UPS600

Arno,Thanks for the reply. I downloaded Photo Scenery Maker, and it looks very interesting.To be honest, I don't know what res the image is. I do know that I built the lage arial view using tiles from the terraserver at 1m resolution. I will try Photo scenery Maker, and if no luck, go back to Architect. It is not a large area, only the airport.Any other suggestions?