Sign in to follow this  
Guest RollerBall

Coding XML ILS Approach

Guest RollerBall

Hi all,I created a new little fictional airport as a programming exercise which has turned out fine. The runway is The code compiles and I would have expected something at least to appear in my approach 'choices' menu. But nothing - zilch - still only visual.Can anyone point me in the right direction? BTW the fixIdents I've used are the nearest intersections from the flightplanner that seemed appropriate.Hope someone can shed some light on this because I'd love to understand this stuff.

This is one area that needs a GUI type interface to make it easier for novices to use. Writing the approaches is quite intense. All the various leg type segments is overwhelming.First, since you indicate this is a new fictional airport you don't need to use Since you have a fictional airport, you may not have waypoints that are aligned with the ILS approach. You can also add the waypoints if needed and place them in your file.If you don't have the BGLCOMP_SDK, you really need to download, and install it for more information.W. Sieffert

Guest RollerBall

Thanks for that. I'm now gonna take a close look at it to see where it differs from my snippet.Fortunately I do have a couple of intersections, one aligning with each runway direction, which are the fixIdents I've put into my code. I'll try sticking with these and see if I can have any luck.