Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

3D Objects Library...GMAX and other...

Guest abent

I've seen some very nice vehicles, specifically in a recently uploaded scenery, VTSS.W. Sieffert suggested an object library. This would be a great thing to be able to access as scenery designers when producing our freeware scenery.I'd like people's opinions please. Would you guys/gals be interested in uploading your creations to be used by other freeware designers?Thanks in advance,Adam

Hi Adam,Yes, I agree, it would be a very good idea to share generic objects in the form of object libraries (or by sharing the MDL files of them).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

RWY12V1.ZIP provides a GUI interface for placing library objects. The download also provides some new library objects made by RWY12 designers plus includes the fedex trucks - fedextks.zip and jetways - jetways2.zip.RWY12V1 has two minor problems that I know. First, it always installs the library object files to drive C: vice the drive you might have flight simulator installed. A drag and drop to the proper folder is necessary. Two, the jetways library objects are unique, in that, each of the three colored jetways requires a separate folder for their respective, *.bgl and *.bmp files. RWY12 installs them into one folder with one set of *.bmp files. If you already have the Fedex trucks and jetways library objects installed, you need to delete on set. I am going to leave the jetways I have installed until the unique folder arrangement is corrected. The RWY12 designers are working to correct both problems.I recommend all flight simulator users and scenery designers install RWY12. For users, it is an easy way to populate their favorite airport with tugs, carts, trucks, people, etc., without having to have scenery design knowledge. For scenery designers, it provides an easy way to add the color to the airport using a separate *.bgl or to have ready reference to the available library objects.I also recommend scenery designers making FS2004 GMAX XML/MDL library objects use the RWY12 install files. A good example is jw_rwy12.zip. Basically, it requires a separate XML file and compatible *.jpg/*.gif pictures for the RWY12 GUI interface.W. Sieffert