Sign in to follow this  
Guest farmer

Arnos tree libary

Guest farmer

Can someone point me in the right direction as to placement of filesand bgl. I am a new user to xml, and am trying to place trees with Make Scene. Also will the place on an airport surface?larry

If you are not familiar with XML, you can probably best use SceneGenX at the moment to place the trees.I don't know a program called Make Scene, what kind of program is that?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest farmer

thanks for the reply Arno.I may be calling wrong name. This code will not show in sim.<?xml version="1.0"?>I am placing trees on default airport. Larry

I am not at home now, so I have no code to check it, but the first look of your code is OK.Have you also placed the library BGL in your scenery folder?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest farmer

ag_tree_bib.bgl is in fs9/scenery/generic/scenery .Larry

In that case I will have to check it when I get home. I will try to compile your source as well and see what happens.

Arno

Guest farmer

location is KTYR. Just placing a few FSDS hangers and objects, and maybe trees.Larry

Can Arno's trees be placed with SceneGenX (as XML library objects)?! Holy good news, batman!Please - someone let me know if that is a correct or incorrect statement. It could make my design work go lots faster if it's correct!-Greg

Yes, they can. I have designed them using the Fs2004 file format and the download also provides the MDL files (or you can call my pre-compiled library if you wish).I have even had reports that the API macros included are not working correct yet, so at this moment placing them with XML/SceneGenX is even better :).

Arno

I have uploaded an updated library. The previous one had a serious bug, causing it to not work correctly. Please get the new one if you intend to use them.

Arno

Guest farmer

Thanks Arno. I just know I couldnt get the others to work.Larry