Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

MDL in SceneGenX

Guest farmer

Works great Arno. Who would of thought?Larry

Yes, the library works now. But I am also interested if someone can reproduce the "locking" of the objects in his own library by adding placement code. That would give us some extra knowledge about how the XML scenery works :).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest JR Morgan

W..Yes indeed -- and that's the reason I've always "Crusaded" (Re: "Bloated bgls discussion on the other forum) for using library objects only for all objects when possible.Arno..Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Rhumba's revealed method of extracting object defining data (only) from it's mdl info in any bgl and then placing them as lib objects can circumvent the (default) geo-placement?J.R

Hi J.R.,I can't remember exactly how Dick did it when he unlocked these objects. It could very well be that he just stripped the objects and placed them in a new library. But after reading through his posts about that, I never realised that it was the placement code that locked them, I thought it was some special code somewhere. That is why I found this very interesting.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi Arno.Yes, I just stripped the MDL code and then made a new library of the default objects. Then they couldbe placed anywhere.http://webpages.charter.net/ludowr/Locatio...ked_Library.zipThat is a simple example. 2 different libraries... one with locked code that is placed in North America. The outside placement BGL is in Africa. I also made several folders to be able to separate or combine the Libraries and the outside placement BGL.==================Placement code within the library does lock the placement... but FS9 has some sort of area, or banding, built in for locked libraries.Placing the objects slightly outside the NW or SE of the defined area is OK.. but placing them far away is not.How far away? I don't know.I agree with J.R. We probably should NOT use placement code with our compiled MDL code. Better to make a Library of the MDLs, then a separate placement BGL to locate them. Dick