Sign in to follow this  
Shaka

Did anyone solve the Rwys exclusion of Autogen along the path?

HiI had this issue since FS2002. The rwys we design for add-on scenery exclude autogen at the corridor all along the rwys path.Any solution for this issue?CheersMichel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't have this problem at all, but I am using the FS2004 SDK - are you using older tools?When I make a runway using AFCAD2, it places the runway where it should be but all the autogen is still showing through. When I place the airport skirting using Ground2K, it removes the autogen from those areas. I don't have any good pictures available to illustrate my point, but my Trat scenery has autogen trees very close to the runway.I think that if you are using an older set of tools, like AFW or FSSC, then it created runways differently, snd you are not getting hte best results. If you can tell me what you are doing exactly, then I can be of more help.- Martin

Thanks for the reply. I actually used Architect2002 to create a ground photolayout and runways over it. I also created an AFCAD2 file but unfortunatly I can't get the AFCAD2 elements to show because my custom visual scenery is over them? How can I make AFCAD2 visual elements like ruynways and taxi center lines to show over my custom layout? If I can make them show then I will simply disable the Architect2002 runways and let AFCAD2 handle those?CheersMichel

Ok, I used to use FS Architect (FSA), so I know that when you lay down the photoreal-ground, that this is what created the huge autogen exclusion. There is a workaround, but it involves manually editing the .sca files and then compiling them after. Basically, you set the V1 and/or V2 to a small number so that it affects the autogen like a small object rather than a large one. Unfortunately, I don't have all the details, but you could search the forums here or at the FSA forums.As for the AFCAD2 elements - they can't be displayed over the FSA ground textures since those ground textures are actually scenery objects (polygons). Somebody more knowledable than I can back me up, but that's the basic knowledge I have.- Martin

>Thanks for the reply. I actually used Architect2002 to create>a ground photolayout and runways over it. I also created an>AFCAD2 file but unfortunatly I can't get the AFCAD2 elements>to show because my custom visual scenery is over them? How can>I make AFCAD2 visual elements like ruynways and taxi center>lines to show over my custom layout? If I can make them show>then I will simply disable the Architect2002 runways and let>AFCAD2 handle those?That is not possible. Everything made with Architect uses the old drawing code and is seen as 3D object by the scenery engine. 3D objects are always drawn after the ground scenery (runways, taxiways, etc placed with XML code) and therefore you can never get your runway on top of such scenery.>Basically, you set the V1 and/or V2 to a small>number so that it affects the autogen like a small object>rather than a large one. Unfortunately, I don't have all the>details, but you could search the forums here or at the FSA>forums.I think a more common way of doing it was to add a dummy RotatedCall, as has been discussed in this forum before. Playing with the v1/v2 does not sound like a good idea to me, as it will also affect when the object is displayed and the performance.

>>Basically, you set the V1 and/or V2 to a small>>number so that it affects the autogen like a small object>>rather than a large one. Unfortunately, I don't have all>the>>details, but you could search the forums here or at the FSA>>forums.>>I think a more common way of doing it was to add a dummy>RotatedCall, as has been discussed in this forum before.>Playing with the v1/v2 does not sound like a good idea to me,>as it will also affect when the object is displayed and the>performance.Oh yes, it all comes back now. I haven't used scasm in awhile, but the dummy-rotated-call method is correct. A quick search of the forum should provide some examples. Thanks again, Arno. :)- Martin