Sign in to follow this  
arno

Autogen

Guest pks1414

Now for somthing really new to me. I have added autogen to the VFR Photographic scenery..can I add it to the existing scenery. I have identified the .bmp file using Tcalc, but where do I find it in FS9. I am most likely being absolutely stupid here so any help would be great.ThanksPaul

Guest rellek01

You can add/change autogen in the default photo-scenery such as New York and Hong Kong for example. These files are located in the fs9/scenery/cities folder. Just be sure to back up the originals just in case!Rellek

Guest pks1414

Does that mean that you cannot add autogen to any tile then, all I wanted to do was add a bit more to an area I have been working on.

Yes, you should be able to add it to any photo scenery made with the mesh techniques. You will either find the texture in the local texture folder of the scenery or in the sceneryworldtexture folder.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest pks1414

Ah now there is the problem, all I am doing is re-adjusting a coastline and using Ground2k adding something like the correct terrain via VTP2 polys. As there is nothing really that looks really like a dense small town (at least I couldn't see anything) I was going to try and add some more buildings. There is no photo scenery to use for it.

Ah, I misread your post in that case :).No, autogen can only be assigned to textures, so either a photo texture or a landclass texture. You can not place autogen without such a texture.There is an alternative, where you make some sort of empty VTP polygon and add the autogen to that. Rhumbaflappy posted about this some time ago. Maybe a search on the forum gives you some more info (I never tried that technique).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog