Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Message for Holger

I have a problem in the Revelstoke area (I have the BC FSGenesis mesh)Revelstoke airport is surrounded by "icebergs". I can find the airport only with the help of GSP as the runway is hidden between walls of ice.Is there a fix for this problem?RogerP.S. The Columbia river in BC is also very icy more than it is expected at this season.

Roger

See my specs in my profile

Hi Roger,sorry, been out of town for a few days..."ice", huh? It sounds to me as if you're looking at the default Revelstoke airfield, which is indeed surrounded by walls of water and bits of stretched shoreline (independent of any add-on mesh); see the first screenshot. The FS design team implemented sloping water for their rivers in FS9 but, unfortunately, this led to some strange issues in the vicinity of hydroelectric dams, such as at Revelstoke and Castlegar. My bcmesh9d/9e/p2 packages correct those issues, if installed correctly (see 2ndscreenshot). If you're using these and still have issues at CYRV please send me an email with a screenshot of how the area looks like on your system. That way I can much better assess what might have gone wrong with the installation.Cheers, Holgerhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/97740.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/97741.jpg

Holger,I am trying to understand what went wrong with the installation dating from February 27th 2004.After installing FSGenesis BS AB module weeks before that date I installed the bcablakefixv2.From my researches it seems that I followed correctly the installation procedure.I found a sub folder "temp hold for bcablakefixv2 in the FS9SceneryNamwScenery" folder. Itcontains a text file and also the HP916130.bgl and its 12 sister files as specified in the readme. Those files are NOT duplicated in the Namwscenery folder (I do have a "Copy fo HP916130.bgl"and of the other HP,RD,RR and ST).The "BC-AB scenery upgrades FS2004" folder is in the Addon Scenery folder. It is also activatedin the Scenery Libray settings.I did not found the CAHILL.bgl etc... files but I never installed any other of your corrections.I am sending two attachments of the Revelstoke area. They do not ressemble your Revelstokewater walls but... still.Again I mention that the Banf area seems quite good now as before the airport was on top of ahuge mesa.Lake Louise seems good. But the Columbia and Revelstoke area !!!!! I must confessthat I never flew in the upper Columbia valley before so I never found out this problem before.FYI I also installed Canada Roads loaded from FSGenesis 2 or 3 weeks ago.I will be out of the country (Belgium) until end of November. So I will not answer a msg or checkother elements in the FS9 until then.Thank you for your help and sorry for J if I keep you more busy with your hobby.Roger

Roger

Holger,I never sent an attacment for pictures. I made a copy of the screen that I stored in Wordpad. Though the picture is good in wordpad I cannot send it as attachment. How do you do it?Roger

Roger

Hi Roger,now I see why you call them "icebergs". It's "bits" of water that remain at the default (incorrect) elevation; the ugly turquoise is the typical FS default water color.Obviously, the default water files remain active and, thanks to your detective work, we know what the issue is: move those "copy of" files out of your SceneryNamwScenery directory - all of them. Don't know where they came from but they shouldn't be in there. You can probably delete them but for safety it's better to place them in the "temp hold" folder.Let us know if this worked after your return from Belgium - safe journey!Cheers, Holger

Holger,Your advice did the trick. Yes it was the "copy of..." libraries that gave the problem.Now I am back IN Belgium.BTW do you live in Canada or in a German speaking country ?Roger

Roger