Sign in to follow this  
Guest seev_39

gmax light poles with flood light

Guest seev_39

What would be the best solution for creating light poles with flood light on the tarmac?I got this effect by placing a square a little over the 0 line with full transparency in the day map and a lighted circle on the night map, it works fine except for one thing, when an aircraft taxi or park over the light circle, the aircraft itself does not get light from the pole which looks odd.Any ideas how to get a good flood light effect with gmax?

Any method for making lights (LIGHT_LAND in Fs2002 gamepack or effects) will never light your aircraft. That is just not possible with the current scenery engine.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest rschider

>What would be the best solution for creating light poles with>flood light on the tarmac?>>I got this effect by placing a square a little over the 0 line>with full transparency in the day map and a lighted circle on>the night map, it works fine except for one thing, when an>aircraft taxi or park over the light circle, the aircraft>itself does not get light from the pole which looks odd.>>Any ideas how to get a good flood light effect with gmax?>>Dear Seev,interesting way to illuminate the apron.Can you give me a full example ?(I use GMAX 1.2)Rudi

Guest seev_39

Rudi,I gave up this approach and instead used this Rwy12 library by Bill Leaming;ESDG Hanger Kit - B. LeamingYou can download the file at avsim and add it to your Rwy12 libraries.I used the ramp lights for my LLBG airport and they are superbSeev K

Guest rschider

Seeve,thanks for the link, but i want to understand your approach,because i want to create lightpole for LOWS, and they are unique,and i want to create this special ones and not a standard one.Rudi

Guest seev_39

Hi RudiActually it is simple. You create a plan (2 sides, no 3D) with gmax. Give it a 100% transparent day texture and a summer night texture which you have to adjust. I did it by making a night screenshot of the apron and then copy the colors with photoshop to the night texture.Next I made a light circle on the night texture with photoshop (this is the same procedure you use on lighting walls).Then don't forget to eliminate shadows and apply no-crash to the plans.You can read more about that in my gmax tutorials;http://www.sk-flightsim.com/tutorials.html