Sign in to follow this  
Guest FLEX_45

Apron Ground lighting - Using Effect files this time!

Guest FLEX_45

Hi guys,After almost 10 days of unsuccessful tries to light a default ground polygon in FS2004 using the Light_Land command, I gave up and decided to move on and attemp to light the ground using effect files! :-)But I have another problem using this approach :-(I know how to place an existing fx file into FS2004 but guess what....I don't know how to create a new one :-)So I would ask any of you effect gurus if possible to provide a guide (or even provide the code if it is more convinient) as to how I can create a simple effect that will emit a circular beam of light on the ground straight from above at a given radius in a given RGB colour value, and fade out as we move away from the circle's center. It will be of a great help to me as I just now move into the effects chapter ;-)Thanks in advanceMarios

Guest abent

Mario, I will send you the ramp light in Gmax. You can merge it into your scenery and manipulate it anyway you want.Check your email.Adam

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

You mean you can 'light' the apron using the light pole as in reality and without having to guess where the pole is to light up the night textures?? Only darken the textures, place the light in FS and that's it????If so, I'm very very very very very interested!!!!George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Guest knnygar

I would be very interested in this to :)Is this for the 2004 gamepack?

The BGL files made with the old gamepack still work of course. Actually the LIGHT_LAND option is still listed in the SDK, so I expect it is a bug in MakeMDL that causes them to no longer work correct.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

This is very interesting as it can eliminate night textures for aprons.Can you please tell me how to do it?Thanks!George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Guest abent

Did you get the pole I sent and the textures? All u have to do is import it into a scene, place it where u want, rotate if u want to place the light beams in the right place, export it and it will show up and u will have apron lights.Adam

Guest abent

If this is what u are looking for, it's easy. Just import the light I sent u, export it in your scenery and it will appear. It should work in both FS2002 and FS2004.Adam

Guest Chief_Parrothead

Hi Adam..could I trouble you to send that GMAX file on to me as well? Email to maceo@margaritaair.comThanks in advance.

Guest abent

No Prob. Check your email in a bit.Adam

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Could you please send it to me as well?Thank you very much!George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Guest abent

Email me directly acbent@nb.sympatico.ca and I'll send it in a reply.Adam

>No Prob. Check your email in a bit.I would like to examine it as well, please.n4gix@comcast.netTIA

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest meiilaX

Hi Adam,can you send me it as well ? Thanks a lot. Milantheordinary@volny.cz