Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Coastline question

Guest pks1414

I have just reworked coastline in Ground2K. Part of this meant creating a beach area and I used a VTP poly and the tan sand texture. When trying it out at dawn I noticed that the beach areas had lights on them as though they were suburban, anyon tell me where I am going wrong pleaseThanksPaul

Hi Paul,I bet you have another VTP2 poly nearby that has a night texture (i.e., settlement or agriculture), correct?We don't know exactly why this happens but your best bet is to keep VTP2 polys with night textures in a separate project file from those without (and also keep them on different layers). If you don't want to split your project into separate files right away you can finish your project, then duplicate the G2K4 LWM file, and delete the corresponding polys so that they end up in separate *_5.bgl files.For this and other reasons (e.g., compatibility with road or river replacement packages), I now keep my projects strictly separated in 2-4 different files that use the same base image.Cheers, Holger

Guest pks1414

Thank you sir you are a star:) so much to learn so little time as they say. However while I have your attention.......I have created a small airfield in the UK using FSSC. I actually use the VFR UK photograhic scenery to get the position and the exact shape of the Poly that is the field itself. The only down side is that the edge of the poly is, as you would expect sharply drawn lines. Is there a way of blending the poly more? I was wondering whether PolyB would do the job. Or even working on the actual photo tile itself.Any suggestionsThanksPaul

Hi Paul,others may correct me but I don't think it's possible to soften a VTP2 poly's edges (though you could make your own custom textures that more closely match the photoreal texture hue and contrast). It IS possible to have photoreal tiles grade into the surrounding area (and there are recent posts here that tell you how) but in your case the situation is "inverted" and thus more tricky, i.e., you'd have to blend one photoreal texture into another.Alternatively, it should be possible to edit the VFR photo tile(s) to make the transition more smooth but you'd need to get permission from the original authors if you want to re-distribute the final product.How about this: try masking the edges with some shrubbery or other objects; plenty of hedgerows in the UK, I hear ;-)Cheers, Holger