Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Conditional Animation Tool

>The dummy object may be the issue and may not be required. I>have looked at a screen shot that arno sent me.>I am happy to take a look at the GMAX file for you if you>want. nick (at) ifsd.ie>>In the mean time, can you explain how these items have been>linked? Is the pivot at the top of each door? If so, only>one link is required.The inside "glass" and the outside "glass" for the doors is linked to the top door.Hanger (dummy node at origin).....tick18_door_top........tick18_door_bottom...........inside_glass...........outside_glassI'm re-compiling and leaving out the top node. I'll see what happens now... If it doesn't fix the problem, I'll send you the .gmax source file.Thanks!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Part of the problem seems to be the way I've grouped and linked the overhead lights...Leaving them out of the export allowed CAT to build a new .mdl file, but unfortunately the inside has disappeared, and the windows have exploded all over the sky. The doors are completely AWOL, and when NAV2 is set for 112.00, the entire building disappears... :) Oops!

Fr. Bill    

>Here... I threw this together as an example.>>This has 6 SCEN entries. Have a go.There's nothing different with regards to the animation, but even your's fails the "acid test."I compiled the .mdl and tested it to make sure that the "regular" process would work. I get the doors continuously cycling, as I would expect.Appling CAT to the .asm file(s), and adding simply NAV2 @ 1200h, 1200h for the trigger, produced a new _cat.asm file, which in turn produced a new .mdl file.Recompiling the .mdl by running bglcomp.exe against the .xml produced a new .bgl.Placing the .bgl in FS9, nothing shows up at all... just a "big empty...":(I should stick to airplane design, it's a LOT more straight forward and simple... At least all my embedded XML animations work in them! :)

Fr. Bill    

>I am happy to take a look at the GMAX file for you if you>want. nick (at) ifsd.ieNick, I tried to send you the source file, but it was returned as undeliverable...Action: failedStatus: 5.1.0 MAIL FROM: 550 REPLY: 550_5.7.1_access_deniedDiagnostic-Code: smtp; Permanent Failure: Other address statusLast-Attempt-Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:01:17 -0000Do you have an email address that actually works?Write to me at n4gix@comcast.net

Fr. Bill    

>>I am happy to take a look at the GMAX file for you if you>>want. nick (at) ifsd.ie>>Nick, I tried to send you the source file, but it was returned>as undeliverable...Here is the .gmax source for the hanger_only...

Fr. Bill    

Guest nickw

Yes, I have comcast.net blocked this end due to the large amount of spam from that domain. I will take a look and report back

Guest nickw

OK, That is odd... I open it, it prompts for the textures, I cancel that and then it crashes GMAX.

No crash of GMax for me. So I will discuss it with Nick further. Hopefully we can find out why CAT can't handle it.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

>OK, That is odd... I open it, it prompts for the textures, I>cancel that and then it crashes GMAX.That is strange! I just loaded the original source file (which is unfortunately too big to attach as a link here) and REMOVED the office and one light pole, only to discover that the .gmax file size got 3 times larger! What on earth is up with THAT?

Fr. Bill    

>No crash of GMax for me. So I will discuss it with Nick>further. Hopefully we can find out why CAT can't handle it.Thanks, Arno! It may well just be my inability to handle your new GUI... :)

Fr. Bill    

Guest nickw

There is something very wrong with the file. I just cannot get it to open.

>There is something very wrong with the file. I just cannot>get it to open. Well, Arno managed to open it with no trouble. I was going to resend it with all materials removed, but suddenly the saved file size grew from 1.2 KB to 3.2 KB!I took the 'complete scene' and simply removed the office building and one lightpole, and had the same, strange increase in file size...:-roll Perhaps if Arno resaves the file, it will open for you as well...

Fr. Bill    

Yes, we did that. Now it opens with Nick as well.I think he has found something, but I don't really understand the link thing, so he will explain it :D.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest nickw

OK, a few things:First, you have hidden objects... seehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/98626.jpgNext, you have all sorts of links, to difficult to explain so here is a before and after picture:Before... see all the bone links....http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/98627.jpgAfter.. only two linkshttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/98628.jpgArno is testing with CAT as I type this.Cheers,

Guest nickw

OK, that worked... with CATSo, you need to do the following:1. Right Click and unhide items... then delete them2. Select everything, then the unlink tool. This will reset everything.3. Link the windows to the bottom gate4. Link the bottom gate to the top gate5. Animate the top gate6. Animate the bottom gateAttached is the fixed file you sent, without textures but with my animation.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/98631.zip