Sign in to follow this  
Guest GabrielR

King Air 350 (??????)

Guest GabrielR

Yesterday I took my 1st flight in the default King air 350, I found it hard to fly, maybe a little pitch sensitive?? I almost coudn't get to land it on the grass next to the runway. Is there a reworked air file? I really love this plane as well as the Baron 58, which looks to me a little more "stable" in the air. Any help or tips would be appreciated.Also, when taxing i found the engines way too powerful, can get 50 knots on Idle, is that right? I disminished the RPM almost to the minimun to slow it down, can this be done in the real thing? I've heard that taxing a low RPM settings is not allowed because the propelers produce a great noise that would be unconfortable for the operation on the airport.any help is appreciated.

Guest UweR

Hi, Steve Small has released pretty good replacement air.files for both the King Air and the Baron, but had them pulled after some confusion/turbulence/public rage... I could imagine they accidentally find their way to you if just anybody had your e-mail addy :-) Mine is URademacher@t-online.deNothing in the original readme prohibits it (just a remark before anyone gets touchy).

Guest SoarPics

Steve Small did an .AIR file upgrade for the King Air, but alas he has pulled it and other .AIR file upgrades from public domain. You might try contacting him personnally.As for taxiing, do a search on this forum for "Noel". A thread from a couple days ago might be of help to you.Regards,

Guest rlefebvr

This worked wonders for me.I can't take credit for it, someone else posted it and I thank him tremendously"open your FS2002.cfg file, go down to the joystick settings section, and change your AXIS_THROTTLE_SET settings to SCALE=189 NULL=1. This eliminated all problems for me with all ac, including the Cheyenne."You can also bring down ...oh what is it..not the throttle, but the one next to it. That works, but you have to redo it every time.RonCVA1701

Guest GabrielR

Thank you guys for your help, is really sad that talented people can not share his/her work with us, anyway if somebody want, can contact me at gabrielruizr@msn.com I'd be happy to have a good air file for this beauty. As far as me, no matter what, I'm going to keep on sharing my work (repaints) with all the people, I will always be open to criticism and suggestions which I think is the only way to improve the quality of what has been done!!Thanks again folks!!

Once you think you've mastered the KingAir (with Steve Small's airfile) you should try Michael Vone's Great Plains Blizzard challenges in the library.I doubt you'll be able to complete the whole thing without at least 1 unplanned Go-Around or Flight Reset (Prior to trying those flights out I had around 14 serious flights in the KingAir not counting practice TnGs.) Think of Visual Approaches in less than 2 mile visibility with heavy snow, 20+ knot crosswinds and incoming AI traffic! It'll force you to fly the plane in every unusual manner, putting your knowledge of the aircraft's handling and performance characteristics to the extreme test!-Leon Medado

Guest GabrielR

Sounds great, I'm still looking for the air file. Thanx

Guest GabrielR

Got the file, thanks!(I guess my wife has to understand... I'm gonna be flyin' for a couple of hours)