Sign in to follow this  
Guest Timbo

DF Archer, FSD Commander, or FSD Cheyenne - buy which?

Guest UweR

Well, a panel screen shouldn

Steve,I should point out that I'm clearly the minority on the Commander. Most people love it dearly. It has a manual and you can download it for free from the web site. It highlights the cockpit but doesn't give much info about flying it IMO.David

Steve,I don't have extensive experience with other GA aircraft, but I do have others besides the DF Archer and the Carenado Bonanza, but these two are my favorites by a large margin, and since I've flown both in real life, I can submit my opinion that they both fly very close to the real thing and give you that feeling of "being in the cockpit". The Archer panel is superior to anything I've seen, and gives you the exact view over the nose you get in the real deal. The Bonanza's panel is also photorealistically and artistically very nice, with a nice VC, but they didn't include a "landing view" panel like DF did in the Archer, which is VERY helpful. All Carenado would have had to do would be to present the top part of the panel and cut off the lower switches to give more forward view. Beech likes to make tall panels anyway, and this feature is even more important for the Bonanza. But it flies sweet. It lands just like the real thing with nice solid "bumps" when the mains hit.I price for both these airplanes seems very reasonable to me, and both are definitely worth it. The exterior views are so stunning as to be worth it for that alone. The Bonanza sound, even if it uses a default, sounds very close. I doubt that flying these two excellent airplanes however will adequately prepare you for the ERJ. It is soooooo different. But... they'll be a nice start, and in my opinion better than the default airplanes, which are quite good.Bill

I read somwehere that you want something with HSI and other advanced instrumentation. I understand it perfectly. BTW, do you also like using a Flight Director ? I personally love flying manually with the Flight Director - this is how pros often fly. One piece of warning - the last time I checked FSD's aircraft had poorly excuted FD - it simply is not working right which is surprising considering that it works well in default FS2002 airplanes. In my opinion it is a major flaw.Michael J.

Hi, Whats the URL for FSD the website?I've been looking for a while but can't find their current site.Thanks,Alejandro Velasco

Uwe,Tell me about that great scenery you've got behind that Bonanza panel. Is that Ranger Creek? And if so, how do you like it?Bill

Here is the URL for FSDhttp://www.fsd-international.comI would like to add that the Commander is a very nice plane to fly if you are looking for a complex endorsement, also need a high performance endorsement to fly her.I own all of the FSD products and can heartily recommend them with out reservationsI also own all of the DreamFleet products and also heartily and unabashadly recommend them as well.I would recommend for thoose looking for a complex plane, the Commander, for everyday flying the Dreamfleet Archer can't be beat.One won't go wrong either way.http://members.aol.com/zipkit/sig.jpg

Guest UweR

Hi Bill, you score 50 points out of 100 :-) Yes it is GeoRender1, but the plane is parked at Flying M Ranch. It has been my favourite airstrip in FS2000, thus I didn

I can say I own Each of these!They all fill their own niche. The Kingair in FS2002was a major disappointment to me. I thought it lookedbad and flew as well. So, have more or less ignored it.Given the total lack of 3rd party support for it in termsof skins etc, Im sure Im not alone.The Cheyenne most excellently fills the need left by thecrappy kingaire in my opinion. At the same time, theCommander and the Bonanza from Carenado do a great job filling the space for single engine retractables. TheArcher fills in the spot for low wing monoplane fixedcarriage...and I rely on Carenado to fill in all my Cessna needs.Im a believer in both freeware and payware. I'll pay ifthe quality is there and it makes me happy.eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Can I request a BUMP please? :-grnmdOk, so bottom line...If I want a single engine complex to start with (before moving to the Cheyenne or other multi) - which is better quality, the FSD Commander or the Carenado Bonanza?Eric - you have both. Which is nicer visuals and flies better - need a little more detail between the two.Thanks!!!Steve :-wave

Steve,I have both. Bonanza wins.Bill

Guest UweR

That can be fixed in minutes :-) Steve, here

First off, what is easily fixable - and how?Second, what about the Bonanza sounds - I read that it didn't come with any and you have to download some. Is this true?What modifications does the payware need or is it good to go with the one patch?Thanks,Steve :-wave