Sign in to follow this  
Guest arnaud.clere

Anyone managed to use seasonal textures directly into VTP ?

Guest arnaud.clere

Hi,I've tried to use comma-separated seasonal textures list directly into a VTP texture list entry but it failed. I've checked the BGL generated against the MS SDK documentation and could not see where the problem was. If I create a texture file with exactly the same name as the comma-separeted list, it is used, so I suspect this feature was anticipated and documented but eventually didn't make it into FS9.Anyone succeeded to do that ?Too bad, since it would allow local use of seasonal lines and polys without modifying terrain.cfg.Thank you for any feedback you might have.Arnaud Clere

Guest luissa

Hello Arnaud,I think there is something wrong with the sintax that you are using or I did not understand the problem. Here is a texture list command in SCASM:VTPTextureList( 2 "riospt2.bmp;riospt2.bmp;riospt2.bmp;riospt2.bmp;riospt2.bmp;riospt2.bmp" 1 0 0 4 "riospt1.bmp;riospt1.bmp;riospt1.bmp;riospt1.bmp;riospt1.bmp;riospt1.bmp" 1 0 0 4 )I am sure others can give you an example for BGLComp.Regards, Luisedited: well I am using the same texture for all the seasons but I will bet it works if the etxtures are different from each other

Hi Arnaud,I believe Luis is right about the syntax. You mention "comma-separated" but it's indeed semicolons you need to use. Below is a clipping from a hand-edited VTP2 source file ready to compile with BGLC.exeCheers, Holger---------VTPTexListStart label word VTPTextureListEntry VTPTexNameStart, VTPTexName1, VTPTexName2 VTPTextureListEntry VTPTexNameStart, VTPTexName2, VTPTexName3 VTPTextureListEntry VTPTexNameStart, VTPTexName3, VTPTexName4VTPTexNameStart label wordVTPTexName1 label wordVTPTextureName "HS_shore_ocean_wi.bmp;HS_shore_ocean_wi.bmp;HS_shore_ocean_su.bmp;HS_shore_ocean_su.bmp;HS_shore_ocean_su.bmp"VTPTextureType 2,1,0,4BYTE "lakewavecontroller",0VTPTexName2 label wordVTPTextureName "HS_shore_ocean_wi.bmp;HS_shore_ocean_wi.bmp;HS_shore_ocean_su.bmp;HS_shore_ocean_su.bmp;HS_shore_ocean_su.bmp"VTPTextureType 2,1,0,4BYTE "lakewavecontroller",0VTPTexName3 label wordVTPTextureName "HS_shore_ocean_wi.bmp;HS_shore_ocean_wi.bmp;HS_shore_ocean_su.bmp;HS_shore_ocean_su.bmp;HS_shore_ocean_su.bmp"VTPTextureType 2,1,0,4BYTE "lakewavecontroller",0VTPTexName4 label wordVTPTexNameEnd label word

Hi Arnaud.The problem is in the SDK. As the others have pointed out, the names are separated by semicolons ( ; ), not commas.Dick

Guest arnaud.clere

I should have guessed: Never trust the documentation... I wasn't sure which bgl to decompile and look at so, thank you very much !Bye