Sign in to follow this  
arno

Crash innacuracy on scenery with GMAX

Guest cmg

I'm developing the buildings of a local airport with Gmax for fs2002 (my first scenery with gmax). On major issue is that if I enable the

Are you saying that you have translated and rotated your buildings in GMax already? It is better to do this during export. Each object can best be placed that the 0,0 coordinates in GMax and then placed on the lat/lon of the object with the rotation you want.I don't know if you have more then one building in your scene? In general that is not a good things to do and I can very well image that MakeMDL is not able to generate the crash code correctly in that case.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest cmg

Arno,Thanks for your reply. You're right; my scenery has several buildings and I export all at the same time, having rotated and translated it individually.So I'll try exporting each object.But for a complex scene, this would give a "big" quantity of files, which is not commmon in the scenery I know; yes maybe they have not use Gmax.

Are you still using the Fs2002 gamepack? In that case you could use FsRegen to collect all your objects into a library. Then you have only two files in the end, your library and the file placing the objects at the required coordinates.From performance point of view, it is also better if you export all your objects around the centered around the 0,0 poit in GMax. In that case the v2 value of the RefPoint can be optimal, which is best for your framerates.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog