Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

Satellite Texture Problem

Guest topgunn926

Hey All, For the last day or two I have been trying to get my own satellite textures to work in Flight sim 2k4. So far it has been going ok except for one problem, everytime I load my imagery into flightsim there is always a watery boarder around it, whether it is on the coastline or not (see attachment). I have tried everything, using Photo Scenery Maker, trying different size bmp's from huge to tiny, tried it in different parts of the state, all to no avail. If anyone could help I would be forever grateful. Thanks!

You need to make sure that your image matches exactly a LOD when you place it with resample. Else you will get those water edges.You could also try to place them using VTP polygons, for example with SBuilder. Then you should not get this problem.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hello Arno,There is no need to clip the original source to the LOD grid. By specifying Destination coordinates in the inf file, it is possible to eliminate the unwanted black band quite easily.Best regards.Luis

Hi topgunn926.With all images used with all versions of resample, the source image's bounds should be larger than the target area to greater than the LOD13 area you wish to cover. With FS9's resample, your destination bounds should be smaller than the LOD13 area you wish to display... it will then fill out the resampling to the next higher LOD13 size.All this sounds very complicated, so I made PhotoCalc:http://webpages.charter.net/ludowr/PhotoCalc.ziphttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/99562.jpgThe INF file to make for FS9's resample:--------------------------------;; MyDelavan.inf -- Sample INF file for FS2004 SDK.;; To use, run the following command from the directory containing this file:;; Delavan.bat;; In FS2004, go to the Scenery Library and Add this area [Destination] DestDir = "." DestBaseFileName = "MyDelavan" BuildSeasons = 0 UseSourceDimensions = 0 NorthLat = 42.65442163875 WestLon = -88.68896484375 SouthLat = 42.61047632875 EastLon = -88.60107421875[source] Type = Custom SourceDir = "." SourceFile = "MyDelavanSu.tga" Lat = 42.66540796625 Lon = -88.70361328125 NumOfCellsPerLine = 2048 NumOfLines = 1536 CellXdimensionDeg = 0.00005722045898438 CellYdimensionDeg = 0.00004291534423828----------------------------------------Dick