Sign in to follow this  
jonpatch

Object Placement program

Folks, I've used rwy12 and SceneGenX for non-airport object placement, but I am looking for something more sophisticated. I want to be able to click and drag my objects, and easily access my own custom objects. What else is available (payware fine)?EDIT: This is for FS2004; I'm using XML, so it's fine if I just get code fragments I can cut and paste into my main code.Jon

Hi Jon,I don't there is much else, for the new XML code only Rwy12 and SGX are there at the moment.Maybe you can try SBuilder, but I am not sure if it allows you to place any object (I think only library objects).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi Jon,maybe I misunderstand what you're looking for but what I do is to write XML code directly. All I need is the sim running with TCalc2004, then I slew to the position, adjust the heading, and copy & post both into my XML code. Doesn't get much simpler than that. And I can add effects, biases, change the scale, etc. as needed.The only obvious limitation is that objects that depend on a placement relative to another object, i.e., boats at a dock, will need to be placed in two or more sessions: dock first, restart, then boats.Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger, yes, that is what I am doing now (although using Rwy12 to get the position and heading). But I find that I usually need to iterate to ensure accurate relative object placement. I have a number of relative objects, which means restarting sessions as you say, then a couple of refinement iterations. I was hoping there was a quicker way.I was not aware of TCalc2004, I'll take a look at that, thanks.Jon