Sign in to follow this  
Guest bones

Problem with animated gmax mdls

That all sounds correct.Do you also have static objects in your GMax scene? Scenes with only animated objects seem to give trouble.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Going a bit of topic here, but that's logical the higher the rotation speed the lower the range of the radar. By the time the reflection of the aircraft returns to the dish, the dish still needs to be there to detect it :). So it's a choice between longer range or higher refresh rates.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest Foxuniform

It´s a ground Radar on top of the aerodrome control tower to see the positions of the aircraft at the aerodrome. The original one has a rate of about 3s per turn, but for testing 2 seconds was easier to make ;-)).And I made it on top of my tower which is static. One difference I could see now: In the animated house example the parts starting with tick18_ have all a parent part, but till now I didn´t find something about parents in the manual. Changing from FSDS2 to Gmax is quite exhausting ;-)

I never worried about parent parts or so before, so I don't think that is the problem here.I think the easiest way to see where it goes wrong is to look at the source and see if the animation code it there. I don't know if you are familiar with that? Else could you attach your GMax file at the forum, then I will have a look at my PC.

Arno

Guest Foxuniform

Ok, here´s the gmax file.

When I first exported the file it did indeed not work. After that I removed the keys and did the animation again and after that it worked fine. So I would advice you to do that as well.

Arno

Guest Foxuniform

Which keys ? The ones that define the keyframes ? I thought without them the animation does not work, because gmax is creating them automatically. And I guess at least the first and the last key should remain ?

Yes, I removed your current keyframes (so that removed the total animation). After that I just remade the animation and now it works. I don't know why. Of course after I made it again the keyframes are back.

Arno

Guest Foxuniform

Ok, it works now, but the error seems to be in my Operating System. I tried the same like you under WinXP and now it works. But normally i work with Win2K Pro and there it doesn´t work. Even after removing and installing again. Many thanks for help.P.S.: And now off to my next question, but i will post it in a new post ;-)

Guest bones

Ah.. What we used to call an ASMI many years ago.. That explains the higher rotation.And Arno is indeed correct in that radar rotation determines the range it can be used for. There's a nice little formula for this based on PRF but I won't clog up a design issue with such complex matters.Nice GMax model by the way..boneshttp://fsaviation.nethttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg