Sign in to follow this  
jonpatch

Default effects and flashing lights

Folks,Is there a list of the effects distributed with FS9? I have many in my effects folder, but a lot were add-ons and I want to ensure that people have the effects my scenery uses.Also, I want to create some nautical navigational beacons in gmax/XML. Is the flashing light (green/white/red) an effect? Jon

Hi Jon,your best bet for the default effects is to look on the respective FS9 disc - sorry, don't know off-hand which one it is.As for the navigational effects; I made marine lights and beacons for Misty Fjords and also my next freeware project and I'm simply using a modified aircraft beacon effect. You end up with quite a few separate effects - different colours and flash frequencies, based on the published marine light lists - but they look really neat.Even for the lighthouses I used a strong white flash (6-second interval) instead of one of the GMax "tubes" used in the freeware lighthous projects but, in that case, I think there's room for improvement.Cheers, Holger

Gotcha, Holger. I was too lazy to browse the cabs! Looks like I would be best to spend some time with the effects sdk to learn how to parameterize the effects: brightness, duration, colour, etc. It wasn't clear at first pass.If you have any sample XML code you wish to share that controls such effects, that would be great. I do understand if you feel it is proprietary.Jon

BTW, I have brightened my blinking lights through duplicating lights, per Dick's suggestions. But does a cluster of effects like this affect frame rates?And I still would like pretty green ones!Jon