Sign in to follow this  
Guest Foxuniform

Lights on scenery objects under gmax

Check the MakeMDL SDK documents. You can use LIGHT_NAV for example to get a light dot. You just need to draw a shape (triangle is the easiest) at the place where you want the light.LIGHT_BEACON also is an option if I remember correct, this one should flash automatically.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Using the Attach Point Tool, you can also define specific conditions for any "attached" .fx to appear and be operational, such as "only at night" and/or "only when not sunny."

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Bill,>"only when not sunny."Is this a joke? :D I never heard of that condition before, which parameters do you use to check that?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest Foxuniform

After checking the MakeMDL SDK i tried to make the lights. But only the option BRIGHT_ works. But not as i like because it doesn´t look like a light. The other´s LIGHT_NAV, LIGHT_BEACON or LIGHT_RECON do not work at all.Maybe i have to get familiar with effects ;-(

For LIGHT_LAND I know for sure that it does not work anymore with the new gamepack. For the other light options I must say that I have not yet checked it.Maybe using effects (you can attach them with the attachtool script) is a better solution for the Fs2004 gamepack.

Arno

Guest Foxuniform

There is an option under FSDS2 which is called "dark". That´s also under poor visibility. But in the effects parameters i did not find something like "dark" or "not sunny". Only "day", "dusk", "night" and "dawn". But nevertheless: I tried to make a light through an effects files but was unfortunately not succesful. I don´t really have an idea on how to make a light. And as i tried to attach already existing .fx files it did also not work. Everything looks quite right. The XML code is in the part properties and the part was renamed as described in the manual. But when i compile the scenery with SceneGenX there are no effects. But also no error messages.