Sign in to follow this  
Guest GCBarni

Library ID numbering

Hello there!Just a question, simple one, promise :-hmmm When I make a model and put in a library it gets this 32 long number.Now I know that 32 to the power of 16 is VERY many items :-eek But what happens if two designers actually have the same numbers aplied on two very dissimilar objects, say a rwy-sign and a cathedral?Does FS place; A: both, B: none or C: flicks between them?Anyone?/Bqt

FS will display one of them. But which one I am not sure, I think that also depends on which folder each of the libraries is located in.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Roger that!It's up to the order in which scenery.cfg gathers it's info in.Might look fun if it happens, looking for taxiway sign "A" and finding Balmoral Castle instead :-hah Over'n'out/Bqt

Guest GCBarni

There has already been a case of this happening.A user reported a conflict between two sceneries: one for Edinburgh, Scotland, and the other Johannesburg, SA. Hangars that were distinctly designed for Johannesburg were appearing on taxiways in Edinburgh!!Luckily, the author of the Edinburgh scenery, Iain Gallagher spotted the exchange of messages and stepped in with an explanation. He suspects that the assigned GUID for the hangars in Johannesburgh is identical to that of a particular object's GUID(I can't recall its description) he had created within the Edinburgh scenery.Apparently, as random as it would seem, Makemdl.exe is quite capable of generating similar GUID for 2 different items created thousands of miles apart by 2 different authors.