Sign in to follow this  
Guest jhambly

Remove Generic Building KSEA FS2004

Guest jhambly

I want to remove the large hanger and small building south of Concourse A at KSEA default, so I can try to add in the new terminal building. Have read the "Beginners Guide" and searched various posts on the subject, but still not having any success or understanding. I have tried creating an exclusion with ExBuilder V2. It gives an XML file but no BGL file is compiled (?? no XML content in the rectangle to exclude). I've also tried adding the exclusion line to the scenery cfg, with no success. I think it must be old style building (ie FS2002 or prior / not XML). I've played around with APFW3 to see if I can create an exclusion, but don't quite know what I should be doing -- cannot see how to create exclusion file with this program.Can someone please give me some easy to follow beginner type advice on what I should do to et rid of these buildings??

Guest sapper42

Gday John, if its a Default Building and your using FS9 then an XML exclude will work.Here is an example of an exclusion code that will remove the Rialto Building in Melbourne Australia and Relocate it to its correct location.All you will need to do is omit the code to replace the building and just follow the exclusion component.<?xml version="1.0"?>After you have removed the relocated building as per the above example you will be left with just the exclusion code, guessing where the 0,0,0 co ords for the actual building is will ensure your exclusion will work.If this building is attached to another building, this may explain why your current exclusion attempt isnt woring.*** Exclusion code Only ****<?xml version="1.0"?>hope this helps and ensure you have your Lat Lon's in the correct order. When you plot your Lat Lon's whilst in SLEW mode, make sure you press the spacebar 1st and orientate yourself Nth Sth !!!rgds Jeff

Guest jhambly

Hi Jeff,Here is the exclusion XML code generated by ExcBuilder, I think it is the same as what you have said. Recrtangle includes the entire building and there are no buildings joined to it (visually, at least) Orientation is north.: <?xml version="1.0" ?> - However, there is no BGL file created similar to this. I've searched my entire hard drive for it. ExzcBuilder was supposed to save the XML code (above) and compile the BGL. How do I compile the XML code manually?I've read in some posts that FS9 still uses some buildings and objects of the older code source that XML will not remove??Thanks for your help.

Hello John,ExcBuilder only creates an XML document; you will need another program from Microsoft to create the bgl. ExcBuilder will send the XML file to that program and then the bgl will appear.Here is part of the ExcBuilder notes:3. Run ExcBuilderV2.exe, press "Settings" and locate bglcomp.exe. Bglcomp.exe is a program that compiles source files to .bgl files. Bglcomp.exe comes with BGLComp SDK which can be obtained from http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimul...wnloads_sdk.aspPlease get the BGLComp SDK and then try again. You should have success.All objects, including old-style FS 2002 objects, will be excluded.Best regards.Luis

Guest jhambly

Thanks to all for your contributions, I have managed to remove the offending buildings AND add in what will pass as the new concourse A terminal extension.