Sign in to follow this  
Guest Graebner

trouble with BGLCOMP

Guest Graebner

(1 of 2) I expect quite a few of you may know the answer to this question, but also that quite a few may have had the problem.When Runway_12 attempts to use it, BGLCOMP invariably fails. Running it in a DOS window reveals the following error messages:__________________________________ERROR C2470 Unrecoverable Error Parsing XML!ERROR C2006 Parse failed (0x80004005)ERROR C2003 Failed to process file: madeline_objects.xml__________________________________The .xml file in question is in the same directory as bglcomp.exe and bglcomp.xsd, and a variety of msxml*.dlls, which are also in the WindowsSystem32 directory.What is going on? Do I need some other .dll or utility somewhere? I seem to remember someone saying here that one needed a .mdl utility to make BGLs with things other than terrain mesh or landclass in them.(2 of 2) While on the subject of BGLCOMP, it seems that each utility that comes with it documents errors in bglcomp.xsd that the utility maker has either fixed, or that he advises users to fix. Is anyone making available a version of bglcomp.xsd, regularly updated with what seem to be a fair number of bug fixes? Or is there by now a "definitive" version of it out there?Thank you.Regards, Seth Graebner

I'm wondering if you provided the entire error list...often a parsing failure message includes the line of code in the xml file where the problem occurred. That can be helpful.My guess is that you have an error in your xml, or that a mdl file is called by the xml, but is not actually present to be compiled. Something like that.As far as updates to bglcomp, I'm not aware of any, and haven't needed anything like that to my memory. I just use the microsoft sdk files.Bob Bernstein

Guest Graebner

Bob--Thank you for your response.This is in fact the entire text of the error message:ERROR C2470 Unrecoverable Error Parsing XML!ERROR C2006 Parse failed (0x80004005)ERROR C2003 Failed to process file: madeline_objects.xmlThe file, madeline_objects.xml, was created by Runway 12, and contains only a single object from the library that comes standard with the Runway 12 installation, to be added to 4r5, La Pointe, WI, Madeline Island.It seems worth mentioning that I get exactly the same error when trying to get bglcomp to digest an xml file created by ExcBuilder.Of course, it would probably help if I got msxml 4, in addition to all the other flavors currently on my computer . . . if that's it, then I'm afraid I've wasted your time.Seth

I think Bob is right here. You need to install MSXML, it came bundled together with Rwy12 if I remember correct.About the xsd file, I use the one that came with the latest version of the BGLComp SDK and as far as I know all errors of the previous version have been fixed in that. I have not tweaked my xsd file and do not have problems with that.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Are you using the BGLCOMP and .xsd which came with RWY12? RWY12 output is not compatible with say an .xsd modified for use with BGLXML.George

Guest Graebner

I appreciate the help. I didn't have Runway 12 installed properly.Seth