Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tachyon

Create-a-sign

Guest Tachyon

I just cleared all the wayward signs at an airport I'm accuratizing (<- new word). Now I'm at the point where I want to generate the new signs in their correct positions. I'd read somewhere there people are using the next size larger than what MS used originally (Size=2?). I've set the size to 3 then 1 then 5 and saw no difference with each sample placed next to an original. Is there something I'm missing or us there a deficiency with create-a-sign or bgl's?

Guest GCBarni

I use size 2. Have you tried the same sign, in 2 or 3 sizes, next to one another to better guage the difference?

Guest Tachyon

Yeah I have. ... I was creating the replacements in Size=3. I suddenly noticed that there appeared to be no difference in size. So I created two (size=1 and size=5) and placed them on either side of a remaining stock sign. All three were the same size???

Guest GCBarni

I'll double check this later today and get back with an answer. Maybe I've been deluding myself thinking there's a difference!! BTW, are you using creatsign_n as your install program?

Guest GCBarni

I can confirm that there is a dramatic difference between sizes 2 and 3 using creatsign_n tool.

Guest Tachyon

sorry about not getting back righ away. No I'm using a program called CreatSign by Vladimir Svoboda. I did verify that the cmd SIZE=3 (or whatever) was in the generated XML code.

Guest GCBarni

Not sure if this is the solution to your problem, but Vladimir released an updated version called creatsign_n which is FS9 compliant. You maybe using an earlier version which could be the reason you see no size difference. Check his site.

Guest Tachyon

hmm, will do .... thanks a lot .... edit: ok ... could you forward me a link or the file .... I can't seem to find him, his site, or that file.... thanks

Guest Tachyon

msg received .. thanks agagin.