Sign in to follow this  
Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Lost my approach strobes!

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Hi again,Using exactly the same Runway SCASM command for both FS2002 and FS2004, when the runway is displayed in FS2004, the rabbit lights strobes are NOT visible. They are visible in FS2002!Any ideas?Thanks.George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Hi George,In the Fs2004 scenery format the visual runways have moved to the AFD data (AFCAD for example, but also SceneGenX). So could it be that you have two conflicting runways active at the same time?Or maybe it is just that this function is not supported anymore, it is better to make runways with the XML code for Fs2004.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Hmmm... That could be very well the case.There is an AFCAD that of course contains runways.Problem is that I'm using invisible runways and I place my own markings on top. But that shouldn't make any difference with the XML, should it? Can I still create invisible runways with XML? Actually, I just need the runway lighting, borders and PAPI!George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

I never tried to make invisible runways with the XML code, not sure if it is possible. But if you use old style ground polygons (for example FSSC, AFW, or even FSDS and GMax) these will always cover your XML scenery. So I don't think you will succeed in getting the runway lighting on top of the rest of your scenery this way.Maybe it would be a good idea to do a quick test of the Fs2002 runway command you are using in a remote area, just to check if the lights work there. Then you can see if Fs2004 just not supports that part of the runway command or that something else is removing your lights.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

I just checked my AFCAD file.It contains no runways at all!And the strange thing is that all the other lighting is ok!It's just those rabbit lights missing!George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

They were there all the time!They would just not show in clear weather!Once I added reduced visibility the rabbit strobe lights were shown normally !Clear skies again, no strobes!This is true for FS2004. They are shown all the time in FS2002.Anyone else noticed this behaviour?George DorkofikisAthens, Greece