Sign in to follow this  
Guest BobL

Move a Building???

Guest BobL

I have a default hangar sitting halfway into a taxiway which has two effects...1) the AI taxi through the building like they have some kind of Star Trek phased cloak and 2) I hit the building everytime I want to go around it.So, my objective is to move the hangar. I don't want it deleted just moved what looks like about 8 feet NNW from it's present location.I know just enough about scenery design to be dangerous so I need a little help. What I know is that I need to delete the building from the default with an exclude and then add it back, in it's new location with a new bgl created with BGL_comp2. I've gotten comfortable with adding taxiway signs utilizing BGL_comp2. What I intend to do is to add the hangar in the same xml source that the new taxiway signs are in for that airport.I've managed to decompile the airport's default bgl into its' native xml and I don't see anything about buildings in the ....statement or anywhere underneath that statement. Everything else about the airport but no buildings. At the top of the de-compiled bgl is what appears to a library call to a number of scenery objects but I can't identify what they are. A slewed excursion to the lat/long of one of the calls doesn't show anything either. And I have scenery on most dense...All this for two questions1) Assuming the hangar/control tower/buildings, and other airport structure scenery are in that default bgl, how do I identify the offending hangar sitting in the middle of the taxiway? Once I ID the offending hangar, I can then move it..already know how to do that ... I think....2) If the hangar object is not included in the airport bgl that I decompiled, how can I find it?Thanks for your help and Merry Christmas!!!BobL

The airport bgl files don't necessarily contain the library object location information. The objects can be located in various other files in your region's folder. For instance, Orlando Executive (KORL) is located in the drive:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9SceneryNameScenery folder. The AP926210.BGL file contains the airport information but not the library objects location information. I found the library objects location information in several other files in the same folder:NV9NAME0.BGL - navigation objects, i.e., VOR, NDB, radar objectsOB9NAME0.BGL thru OB9NAME4.BGL - buildings, hangars, vehicles, etc.If you need to move the object, the easiest option is to exclude the present object, then place the object in the new location. You would have to know if the object is a generic building or a library object for the placement. If it is a library object, you might use RWY12 to place the same object in the new location. If it is a generic building then you need to use the original generic building information from the decompiled file or use a scenery design program, such as, SceneGenX to design a similiar building, recompile the new building in a new location.A harder method is to decompile all of the above scenery files, search by LAT/LON location the offending object, copy the offending object to a new XML file, adjust the LAT/LON, exclude the original object, recompile the new XML file and place the new in the flight simulator scenery files.W. Sieffert

Guest BobL

Hi and Thanks so much..Well I went look and found the NV* and ob* files. Problem is that the tool I have to de-compile the airport bgls won't work on the navaids and ob files.Would you have a link to a tool that will convert these?BobL

Guest BobL

I thought I'd bump this. Also, a new question...>>would have to know if the object is a generic building or a library object for the placement. <

Hi Bob,I use several tools for decompiling/disassembling:bglx150.zip - fs2004newbglanalyze_143281.zip - fs2004bglana31.zip - fs2002 all and fs2004 terrain filesIf you decompile the objects files, the generic buildings will have code similiar to: A library object would have the following: Notice the library object calls another file by using a GUID:name="0dd29ab4fb6e4dfcb45911dc1ec80fdc" scale="1.00" />If this particular library object resides in the default FS2004 library object scenery files, all that is needed is the above code. If you wanted to add a new library object, you would add the following: You would also need to have the *.mdl file available to be included into the compiled scenery file.Lastly, the generic building textures are short coded. You need to download the FS2004_BGLCOMP_SDK, open the Generic Building Textures.xls to view the short codes for the various generic buildings.W. Sieffert

Guest BobL

That worked great...They are now out of the way.Thanks-a-million...It's a funny thing. I call myself watching the downloads every day and I flat missed those tools when they came out. I must of been in the back chasing a soda or one of the flight attendents...:-wink2BobL