Sign in to follow this  
chik

fs9 lat and long display

Hi folks! Can someone tell me how fs9 can display more than two digits after the decimal point (shift Z) for more accurate placement of objects using FSSC. I usually place about 3 to 5 objects perfectly before I inport a background image for the alignment. Starting and re-starting the sim to check is a time consumming process.Thanks (chik)

W10 Pro,   Maximus XI Hero Z390,   i9-9900K@5.0G, Air,   1000 Watt PSU,   G.SKILL RipJaw-V 32GB,   2-RTX2080-Ti's,   Samsung 970 PRO 512GB,   Couple More SSD's,    2-Vast Curved 3440X1440,    2-Asus 27" flats,                 .......Everything MAXED!

Guest BobL

Eaglesoft has a design tool that mimicks an aircraft. It was originally intended to place their hangar but it works wonders for placement of any object.The so-called aircraft has a 'panel' that has a lat/long/heading indicator. Best part is you can open that panel while in top down view, move it off to one corner of the monitor and voila... I window FS side-by-side with AFCAD and put that in the corner and can place an item to within inches of the desired location. I use it extensively for placing taxiway signs. It does have a quirk tho'...It was intended to place their hangar. When used for that purpose, it performs as advertised. When placing other objects like taxiway signs, heading is 90-degrees out from the visual. The 'face' becomes what would be the left wing. Once you learn how to work that, it's does perfectly. Also, whether placing their hangar or something else, the guage reads true. BGL Comp is looking for magnetic. When you read the 'heading' from their guage be sure to apply variation to the reading and put that calculated number in the xml source. I got some really interesting results until I figured out the variation element...It's a great tool, it's free and right here in the library. Look for esdghang_140231.zipBobL

Guest Floyd312

Under the "main" section of the fs9.cfg file add...DISPLAY_FRACTIONAL_MINUTES=0This will cause fs9 to display degrees, minutes, fractional seconds (to four decimal places) instead of the usual degrees, fractional minutes.

this is exactly what i'm looking for thanks a lot. One more ?. In fssc, I cannot seem to get the new coodinates to stick. Is there a preference setting somewhere that you know of? thanks again(chik)

W10 Pro,   Maximus XI Hero Z390,   i9-9900K@5.0G, Air,   1000 Watt PSU,   G.SKILL RipJaw-V 32GB,   2-RTX2080-Ti's,   Samsung 970 PRO 512GB,   Couple More SSD's,    2-Vast Curved 3440X1440,    2-Asus 27" flats,                 .......Everything MAXED!