Sign in to follow this  

Attn: Canadian VA Pilots

JetStar International has just expanded operations into Canada and have established a hub at Toronto Pearson Intl (CYYZ). They are also offering "City Express" service from Toronto's Island Airport (CYTZ). If you are looking to fly for an incredible VA visit JetStar and have a look at what's new!http://www.jetstarairlines.comJohn-PaulJetStar 9001

There is a forum for VA's you should probably post it there....If anyone is going to join a va, they would be looking there....I mean after all va's are dumb in my opinion...That is why their is a va forum to keep this crap in its own forum..... :-grr :-grr :-grr

Maybe there should be a GRAMMAR forum! (their s/b there in your post):-hah :-hah :-hahIf you don't appreciate the value of something then why not let it rest at that? Virtual airlines are an integral part of the flight simulation experience for many enthusiasts. If you don't support the hobby and feel compelled to criticize us that do then my advice to you would be to find something else to occupy your spare time.John-PaulToronto

HiI would like to join a VA but I have no idea what I have to do or what I need. Can you give some encouragement? I am bored of flying around with no point, I would like to be given something to do.Will I be flying online with VATSIM?Take careMike

Well, VAs operate in different ways. Some are very strict and structured and others aren't. I guess you should read the Operations manual for any VA you are interested in and then decide whether the way they operate appeals to you or not. Usually you are required to fly a minimum number of flights per month but I find that this is usually only 1 or 2. As well, inexperienced pilots are usually only allowed to fly smaller aircraft and have to build up their logged flight time with the VA in order to be allowed to fly larger aircraft. Some VAs allow you to choose any flights you wish to fly, others assign flights and you are expected to fly them. VATSIM is usually optional. I have only ever seen one VA which required the use of VATSIM on all flights. Many require that you have a VATSIM ID in order to join though.Let me know what you think you might be interested in and I will try to make some suggestions (ie, location, aircraft types, real or concept airline, etc)John-PaulToronto

..... after 11 posts you are hardly in a position to dictate forum policy or criticise other users for what they discuss. I am guessing that not that many people here are going to care for your opinion.BTW if you are so against VA's why did you open a topic that is obviously about them ??

Thnks John-PaulI looked at the link and it looks promising. I like the idea of building time towards bigger planes etc. I am very inexperienced with VATSIM. I have ID and I tried it once but I did not know what to do. I was scared to make a fool of myself :-)I really like your airline, especialy the liveries, and I would like to join. Are there any tests, study material that I have to go through. I have some flying experience. I had PPL lessons that were cut short due to medical problems.Just let me know what I have to do to join.ThanksMike

It isn't really 'my' VA but I like to be an active part, especially of the Toronto hub. It's brand new so we are looking for new pilots. You should download and read the OPs manual from the front page:http://www.jetstarairlines.com/JSI%20Operations%20Manual.zipThen contact the hub manager for the hub that you want to fly for (you will see them listed in the OPs manual, except that both Toronto and Minneapolis are new since the manual was created.As far as VATSIM is concerned, it is optional with JetStar.Check it out and let me know if you ahve any other questions. You can e-mail me directly at edukator@sympatico.caJohn-PaulToronto

Thanks John-Paul I will download that now. Take careMike