Sign in to follow this  
Guest luissa

airport elevation. i'm missing a step!

Guest luissa

Hi again,I am completely lost! In fact the START information is needed but it is not enough! With the data as per my previous post the LPBG airport does not appear in the Goto menu list. But if I add the region data as:then I get 2 entries for LPBG in the Goto menu. If I simply place the complete AFCAD file in ../world/scenery then it is OK! In my case I have 6 airports that have different altitude than the default ones. So I tried to make a single file in order to keep things as clean as possible. But then some of the 6 get repeated several times in the menu. So it seems that I must place the 6 separated AFCADs in ../world/scenery.Regards, Luis

Hi Luis,good catch, I never noticed that problem with the double entry. What's worse is that for some reason the airfield's name doesn't show up anymore in the Goto menu, just the ICAO.Guess the search for a better workaround isn't quite over yet.Cheers, Holger

Hi Luis and Holger.Your experience is not mine. Using the "shortform" airport BGL, placed within a 'scenery' folder, in a Project folder called "Corrected_AFCAD_Elevations", and adjusted in priority to the bottom-most level possible ( 41 on my system ) in the Scenery Library.

<?xml version="1.0"?><!--  disassembled by NewBglAnalyze Thu Jan 20 15:21:39 2005 --><FSData version="9.0"xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="bglcomp.xsd"><Airport ident="KSUX"  region=""  country="United States"  state="Iowa"  city="Sioux City"  name="Sioux Gateway/Col. Bud Day Fi"  lat="N42 24.15667"  lon="W096 23.06167"  alt="500.00M"  magvar="354.30"></Airport></FSData>

Then, using the altitude-corrected AFCAD, placed in it's own project/scenery folder combo, adjusted to the uppermost priority level ( 1 on my system ). This folder also contains an LWM flatten ( which is slightly less elevation than the runways ).Result. No problems. It displays fine in the sim, and traffic also behaves well. And the Goto Airport screen is fine, as well as the map view. I can select any of the runways from the Goto Airport screen.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/104255.jpgDick

Guest luissa

Hi Dick,Thank you for checking this! I have been at Sioux City for the first time in my life. Unfortunately it was in FS! :) Well I must correct my first post! This:is not sufficient as it suppresses the entries in the menu. But my idea of adding STARTs is not needed and it possibly caused the extra entries. It looks that:is enough! As I referred to before I have 6 airports that need this special treatment. I will pack one single file along this and will post here what I get ...So I will try to leave the AP file unchanged and I will try to come back to this method. May I just add that in this last hour after Dick's post I found another strange behaviour. Hopefully I will not need to change the AP file. I am referring to:- I made a backup of the file AP945170.BGL as AP945170.ORG! Then I changed the altitudes of my 6 airports in the file AP945170.BGL with JABBGL (nice tool!). Then I renamed this changed AP945170.BGL as AAP945170.BGL (the reason is that I have an installer that makes the backup if it founds the file AP945170.BGL and I want to avoid the installer to destroy AP945170.ORG if the user runs the installer twice). I got many repeated entries!!! But if I do not rename the JABBGL modified APxxx file to AAPxxx everything is fine!!!To terminate I think that my problem was to include the START locations in the AFCAD altitude correcting file. I only hope that I will be able to make a multi-airport altitude correcting file!Regards and thanks, Luis