Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shane Strong CYHZ

Rotating Beacon

Hi Don,Attachment points are done with the attachtool script that comes with the Fs2004 GMax SDK. The tutorial also explains it.About the library question. I don't know where this GUID of the example is included in, but if it is a GUID of one of the default Fs2004 libraries, then there is no need to install a library or something like that, as it is already active by default.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

DonI never received an e-mail from you and I do think that would be the best way to communicate.Please try again -it is OPAFLIGHTSIMADDICT@VERIZON.NETI don't think case matter but I put it in caps as the font here is so small.Later

Guest DonMac

Thank you David and Arno, With my thinking cap firmly on my noddle, I had a look at the files on the 4 fs9 CD roms. There in a big cabinet file on disc 3 which I viewed with Winzip, I found Generic.bgl which I had never seen in my fs9 files. I did a search and found Generic.bgl in the Generic folder Not the GenericScenery folder!!! How it got there I don't know but on putting it into GenericScenery sub-folder I got the beacon tower in the default (Seattle) scenery. Now having re-edited my xml file I have a green and white beacon showing at the beginning of the default runway. All that remains to do is to edit my original file for the my own location. I got myself on track by decompiling the Lanclass.bgl and in the resulting xml I saw all the identity codes which confirmed my original suspicions that I lacked the identity data base file. Very many thanks to all those patient folk who have helped me.

Well, wellYou are a much better than I!I never would have thought to look to see if the file we were trying to access was indeed where it should have been. This may solve the problem for a couple of other folks who have not been able to make it work also.Thanks!

Guest Shane Strong CYHZ

Hi you file on avsim is a great help i am currently adding beacons but when i use your file i get the tower attached to the rotating beacon is there away just to get the beacon without the towerthanks

Guest DonMac

David, My fault entirely! I ommitted to put the .net after verizon!Please excuse me. It's an age problem - senility and second childhood (dob 1921) but I like to think that enthusiasm counts for something?

Guest GCBarni

Hi Shane,I have a copy of a file that rhumbaflappy(sp?) sent attached to a message in one of the forums some time ago. It can be used with ScenGenX or Rnwy12. I don't think it was ever released or posted to the Library, though. I'll see if I can post a link to it here.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/102724.zipThis will give you the default white/green light without the tower.Barney

Guest Shane Strong CYHZ

thanks barney works great :)shane