Sign in to follow this  
Guest detector

Objects not Appearing???

Guest VulcanB2

Hi,I have a bit of an issue with FS and placing objects I've crated in gMax in certain parts of the world.I can place stuff at the default location of just off RW34 at KSEA, but, if I simply change the co-ordinates, and re-compile, and go to the new location, they don't appear!!!! I know I'm entering the co-oridnates properly as I can place the object anywhere in the USA no probs (I did this several times to confirm). If I try and place it within +/- 1 degree of the Greenwich Meridian however, the objects simply don't appear, yet there are no error messages, eiither. I'm tearing my hair out!! I first noticed it when I attempted to replace a default FS bridge with a test bridge I had designed. It didn't appears, yet was most definately blocking RW34 at KSEA during testing!! HELP!Has anyone else found this?? I'm running FS9.1Best regards,Vulcan.

Hi Vulcan.Could you zip the XML file, and attach it? I have had no problems placing any gmax MDL, anywhere in the sim with XML-BGLComp. I tried with +/- 1 degree, and everything shows fine.I'm suspecting something is wrong with the XML file, or for some reason, the MDL, or texture, is not being included in the code.Dick

Guest detector

I had the same problem, but it was related to the scenery library in FS9. No matter what I did, my Gmax models did not show up. So all I did to fix it was to enter the FS scenery library, deleting my scenery area, then re-adding it. After restarting FS, my models were there, with or without textures.

Guest VulcanB2

Hi,This is the default .xml that is created upon exporting the model from gMax. This works fine. If I simply change the Lat/Lon though, and re-compile, it does not show. If I change the Lat/Lon for another area in the USA - all is fine! I can even place it on the water!!! Place it seemingly near to the greenwich meridian, and it does ano-show. :-hmmm<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>@Andrew - how did you go about removing the scenery area? Would just removing the tick from the list of active scenery do it, or is it a full-blown re-install of that area?Best regards,Vulcan.

Hi Vulcan.You wrote:"Place it seemingly near to the greenwich meridian, and it does ano-show"I'm betting that's your problem. How the lat-long format is written when placed near the 0 longitude.<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>Note that I'm using N and W to establish the position. You may have stumbled upon a bug in BGLComp that incorrectly analyzes -0 ( without a decimal ). I checked my TCalc2004 utility, and found the same error... -0 is converted to 0!I usually use decimal notation, so "0.008367" lat and "-0.008367" long work OK... instead of "0 0.50" lat and "-0 0.50" long ( which doesn't compile correctly ).Dick

Guest VulcanB2

Ah ha!! THANKS!! I'll give it a go! :)Best regards,Vulcan.

Guest detector

Hi Vulcan,I just un-checked and re-checked my scenery folder, then restarted FS9.Dick,Thanks for the info regarding the Greenwich meridian. For some reason (Fly II scenery habits?), I have used the prefixes "N" and "E" all the time in my XML files. :)