Sign in to follow this  
Jay R

Upgrade Heaven

Guest Lobaeux4

Okay, I skipped the MAG from Best Buy and picked up the Samsung from Sam's Club. I almost spent an extra $20 on a Sony Trinitron monitor. It was a 19" Flat Screen with dual computer inputs, all for $209, but it was for the display model, no box and I was kind of leery of it. So I settled on the Samsung. Right now, I've got to say wow! I was going to take a first flight with it, I fired up PIC 767, I can read the lettering now!!, but I had to meet the wife at the store. Now I'm back and need advice on setting it up. What setting should I use, I've been using 1024X768, but this thing will support up to 1600x1200. I'm looking for a good frame rate friendly setting. Any ideas?Plus, XP just went ahead and installed it's drivers for it, it works, but should I use the CD that came with the monitor?Joe

Guest Max Cowgill

Joe, for *my eyes* 1152x864 is the optimal res for a 19" monitor (as I've been running that res for almost 4 years now). Depending on how good your video card is, and how tiny you can stand images on your screen, you may want to try one res higher or lower. Max Cowgill

Guest Max Cowgill

^bump^ last call for anyone else who needs some ram. Git yer ram here, hot ram hot ram! Cold beer, I mean, hot ram ;) Peanuts? Hot dogs? Max Cowgill

Hey Max,I don't need any memory, but my brother, who wants to get into FS2002 would make good use of it!! I'd appreciate your consideration!! so would my bro!! My mum bought his PC, so you know he needs the mem!!If not, it's real nice of you to give it away anyway!!Later,Jay